Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Display...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:57 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Display...

Hi, I was doing some electrical stuff (lights and CB hook up) to my 2000 Disco and I disconected the battery and when I hooked it back up, my A/C display changed to celcias readings for the tempreture readings.

Does anyone know how to change it back?

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: A/C Display...

Read your owners manual, it is spelled out in there.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would anyone mind outlining the procedure in the event someone reading the thread does not have their manual? I can't imagine it's too long to post...

Done and done. Page 67 of the manual if anyones interested.

If your temperature reads in climate control reads in degrees Celsius “C†instead of Fahrenheit “Fâ€, follow these steps to change to Fahrenheit. [ul][*]Turn the ignition on.[*]With the climate control turned on, push and hold the recirculation button in. While holding the button in, push and hold the off button in for 3 seconds or until you hear a beep.[/ul] The display should then change to “Fâ€. Follow these same steps to change your read-out to Celsius , if preferred.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Drifting

Thank you WolfPack for that helpful info. It is appreciated.

Jeff

Old 03-11-2008, 11:16 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Read your owners manual, it is spelled out in there.
Hey mike, just an FYI, Alot of us dont have manuals because they get stolen out of the trucks at the dealerships. Thats why people come on here and ask questions like this usually. Now you might have the occansional person who has one and still asks. But like me, mine was taken and I cant find one anywhere! Just for future reference! thanks!

Old 03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Administrator

The reason I suggested he read his owners manuals is, there are too many people who are too lazy to read their manuals or do a search to find the answer to their problems. In this sites case, there have probably been at least 30 people in the last 8 or 9 months that have asked the same question.
You are not doing him any good by giving him a quick answer, people need to read their manuals and do research to find their answer more then just depend on one of us.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:45 AM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Teach a man to fish...

Old 03-11-2008, 11:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I looked through 19 pages of "Land Rover Discovery" on ebay's auto parts & accessories page last night and came across at least 10 listings for owners manuals. Better yet, get the RAVE cd. It has the owners handbook, workshop manual, installation instructions for all LR accessories and pretty much anything else you may need to know...

Old 03-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Drifting

Disco Mike,

This is a discusion board not school... If you feel you need to teach go be a teacher.

If you don't want answer a question DON'T ANSWER IT. There is no need for the smart *** answers and the "greater than thou" attitude.

And you sure as hell better not assume that I am LAZY. It is not your place to dicide if my question should or should not be answered.

Once again... If you don't want to answer a question... don't answer it. You don't decide for everyone else if someones question should be answered or not.

Let those who like to help and discus, help and discuss.

Get off your high horse!!!

Old 03-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Administrator

When you get to the place where you have answered nearly 8000 post in the last year, maybe you will see where I am coming from. All forums have search features as does ours, they are there for a reason. Yes I understand some people loose their manuals and need another way to find an answer, that is when they should get of their back side and do some research.
As for your statement," Get off your high horse", I come from a generation where if people had a problem, they went out and researched/studied, found the answer and took care of their problem, instead of depending on others.
Learn to be a little responsible about your vehicle, study up on what makes it tick and if you still have a problem, then we are always here to help.

Quick Reply: A/C Display...