Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Noise

Hi,
I just bought my wife an 04 DiscoveryII. Its our first rover and so far its awsome. Like anything its got a couple of issues which hopefully won't be a problem since its still under the factory warranty. The first is a ticking problem with the engine, its going in on Monday to be dealt with. The other is weird. While I was driving it back from the dealer the A/C was running, suddenly it sounded like the fan was hitting something but the air kept blowing. I shut off the A/C and the noise went away. Turned it back on and the noise returned. Then all of a sudden the noise got louder and slower till it died, but all the time the A/C was still blowing. Since then no noise. By any chance does the truck have two motors for the air conditioning? Thanks.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: A/C Noise

Sounds like you have something sucked into the blower motor area like leaves, not a big problem.
As for the ticking sound, it will be either an exhaust leak or a lifter, somewhat common and a easy fix.
How many miles on the truck, has the service thus far been done by Rover, it is free in case no one told you, except you should do an oil change between each of theirs to keep the old engine happy.
You might want to look into an extended warranty before your factory one runs out, they are a little expensive but worth every penny in the long run.
Good luck with the truck.
Mike

Old 08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, The truck has 40,000 on it so we're good for another 10,000. The way the wife drives that should be about another 18 months. I knew about the free service and I found the previous owners receipts in the glove box. The just had one a few months ago. I did get the extended warranty from the dealer where we got it but its not a land rover dealer. I'm considering talking to them about theirs and cancelling the first one if the LR dealers is better especially since the dealership where I bought it said that the truck must go to the land rover dealer for any major repairs anyway. The only thing that I knew about land rovers before I bought it was they were expensive to repair so the extended warranty is a must.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

So, did you have the 45K, it is an important one, check and make sure.
Good luck,
Mike