Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

calibrating air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 09:25 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered sensors. $52 on amazon. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Old 08-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

I’ve got a nanocom and it is a total joke to set the height. It goes side my side and couldn’t be easier and takes less than 5 minutes. Your dealer sounds like nimrods.

I’ve used the nanocom to deflate he bags too in order to change one out and also to put in spacers for the lift. Again, easy peasy.

The sensors sound like they may be suspect- but I would think a code would be thrown if they are out of adjustment. Have you verified that they are both installed correctly and that the ends are not broken? There might be something with one of the valves in the box that has the compressor, but I’d think the height sensor would catch that. See if you’ve got someone local with a nanocom or Hawkeye and see what they can do as it sounds like the dealer is a little dippy.

Old 08-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Disconnected the battery and fitted a new height sensor on the raised side. No love.

Still fully inflated and won't drop, even on a drive around the block. Can you please direct me to this solenoid valve? I'm not familiar. Maybe it can be replaced, or I have read that sometimes you need to get the bags/axle more even in order for it to self calibrate. Possible to release air manually?

THANKS

Old 08-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Did you download the RAVE? It’s free and invaluable in terms of assisting.

It has an exceptionally detailed description of the components, where they are, and each should function. I know I’m a geek, but I spent an evening studying that system and it’s really quite simple and there are far fewer components and significantly less complex than the reputation.

That said, the “box” is on the driver’s side, outside the frame rail on a little platform. There is a valve for each side, intake, and I think one more. Seriously, it will make sense once you look at the Rave.

The following users liked this post:
jeffery212 (08-08-2018)
Old 08-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Three Wheeling

SOLVED. Thanks all.
Released air to even the bags. According to workshop manual "If the rear axle is articulated by more than 100 mm (3.93 in) the ECU
will not activate the SLS system" Might have had something to do with it.

By disconnecting the battery before replacing the height sensor it does seem to have preserved the settings, so that is worth the effort. I am now able to raise and lower from off road to standard and she is sitting even. Cost me $52, and I have a spare sensor for when the other side goes. Why Bennett Land Rover made this out to be a big deal AND sent me off in a very dangerous vehicle, with one side on off-road height, I will never understand.