Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone help me stop the rain in my 2000 DSII

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone help me stop the rain in my 2000 DSII

Carpets in both the drivers and pasangers foot wells are soaked whenever it rains. Just on the ouside edge near the doors. I ran the hose over the windsheild but cant seem to find it that way. But when it rains over a few hours it becomes wet inside.

Can anyone tell me of a common place to search for a leak.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

You will need to pull the head liner, a fun job in itself, to find the leaks which could be from the front sun roof seals, collector box or drain hoses cracked or disconnected.
There was a PDF from Rover on "A" pillar leas and testing/repairing, but my money is on the sun roof cause I don't think anyone has ever had issues with both "A" pillars at the same time.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

here's a sheet on the layout, see item 10 on each corner, could be loose, off, blocked, insect nest inside, trash inside, split, or all of the above. Don't have sunroofs and am glad of it. Might be able to do some good with a shop vac, duct tape, and plastic tubing, either to vac out or blow thru. Before you start taking them apart be sure to review the RAVE. Lotsa partz to the roofs.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 sunroof drain.PDF (614.4 KB, 114 views)
Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM
Overlanding

Mine was doing that in the front passenger floorboard. THought I had a leak in the roof, turned out to be a clogged AC drain line for condensation. My neighbor unclogged it for me and no problems since.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Yes, but AC drains that are restricted don't care if it is raining. However, there might be more AC use as a "defogger", and owner rides around with windows down enjoying the fresh air on clear days, only uses AC on rainy days. But for me, being a hefty sweathog, I turn it on early and often.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Overlanding

Or more condensation build up due to higher humidity. I thought mine was coming from rain as it seemed to do it when it rained. I'm in the southeast and we get high humidity so condensate becomes more of a problem here.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:16 AM
Overlanding

I see you're in GA, so you know what humidity is all about too!

Old 10-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Three Wheeling

Thanks for the PDF and the info on the sun roof drains I will check them out. I assume the drain hoses run down the pillar for the front but where do they come out?

Also where does the rear one drain.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Three Wheeling

New update. The headliner has a two inch wet spot on the pasangers side. Three inches to the left of the pilar but against the windsheild. isolated away from the pillar. Could this still be the drain from the sunroof or could it be leaking from the windsheild?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Mudding

Mine leaked on both sides at "A" pillar. Right in the corners of the windshield and headliner. Had to pull the windshield out and reseal and repaint the front part of the roof, after which it was buffed out to blend in with the rest of the roof.
Collision service that did it, said that it had small holes under the windshield. I figured so because you could see rust from the outside at the time.
Cost me more money to pull the windshield in and out than the collision service to repaint and buff everything. Upper gasket seal on the windshield was about $150 at dealer and had to be replaced because it is glued in and needs to be cut out if you want to save the windshield. And the a#$hole that took the windshield in and out charged me $550 for labor because it is simply Land Rover and they cost a fortune.Still pissed over the installation charge. Got robbed!!!

Quick Reply: Can anyone help me stop the rain in my 2000 DSII