Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAT FYI and Moving woe

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CAT FYI and Moving woe

Just to follow up I finally had my magnaflow cats installed (welded in). The mechanic said it went very smooth.No problems or check engine light. This is great news to those who have to replace cats but not having to pay for the original Y pipe configuration. $400 total installed as opposed to $900 Y-pipe. Just wanted to pass you all that info.

Here's my problem. I just graduated college and found me a great job in CO Springs. All the car dolleys or carriers from Penske, U-haul etc. say that they are not capable of hauling my rover. I don't understand why but I need to figure outhow to tow it. Any ideas or what you folks may have done in the past? Thanks

Old 05-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: CAT FYI and Moving woe

You can also call a comerical auto carrier and have it shipped out, this is what I did when I moved to Colorado.
You really can't put a tow bar on yor truck, there is no room.
Mike

Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: 98roverguy

Just to follow up I finally had my magnaflow cats installed (welded in). The mechanic said it went very smooth.No problems or check engine light. This is great news to those who have to replace cats but not having to pay for the original Y pipe configuration. $400 total installed as opposed to $900 Y-pipe. Just wanted to pass you all that info.

Here's my problem. I just graduated college and found me a great job in CO Springs. All the car dolleys or carriers from Penske, U-haul etc. say that they are not capable of hauling my rover. I don't understand why but I need to figure outhow to tow it. Any ideas or what you folks may have done in the past? Thanks
A car dolley won't be able to carry the rover because it only lifts two wheels off the ground. U-Haul does have a car trailer that the rover will fit on; I have rented it a couple times unfortunately.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Rock Crawling

You can put in on a trailer and tow it - you just have to get all 4 wheels off the ground.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:03 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If you put the Diff lock in neutral, won't that free up both driveshafts? I know this is how you are supposed to tow it in town, but I am not sure what it will do over long distances. Best bet is to get a car trailer, but good luck finding one that will carry your truck.

PS, I am getting my magnaflows this week hopefully. Just got my ex manifold in and need to put it on the truck when it quits raining. Then it's off to the shop. I was quoted $325 and they have done D1's before. Have you noticed a diffrence in how it drives?

Old 05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Not really much of a difference in how it drives - no speakable change in power per say. It's a bit more throaty though which is cool but only a little. The U-haul site says that my rover is too heavy for a car trailer. There's no way in hell im using an auto transport company ever again. That was a disaster. I wish I could come up with a solution for this.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: Rondo

ORIGINAL: 98roverguy

A car dolley won't be able to carry the rover because it only lifts two wheels off the ground. U-Haul does have a car trailer that the rover will fit on; I have rented it a couple times unfortunately.
U-haul tells me no. This sucks!

Old 05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Rock Crawling

You could lie about the weight - I'd do it - but you're taking fate into your own hands.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Where are you going from/to exactly? I sell oil to truck companies, and they have hot shot drivers.... might be worth a try..

Old 05-10-2007, 09:34 PM
Three Wheeling

If all else fails buy a used car trailer and sell it when you get there.[/align][/align][/align]Mike[/align]