Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD Changer

I did a search, and found something similar, but I don't know if it's exactly what my issue is or not.
I can load my changer, it accepts the cartridge, it will eject it fine, I can hear clicking when it does this, but if I turn the changer on on the head unit, it immediately says "no disc". It doesn't even take time to try and read it.
Think that blowing air in there or using a cleaner may help, or is it fubar?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Three Wheeling

Mine does the same thing. I've been more worried about other things but will eventually want to fix that.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

mine in my 03 does that too. sometimes it will work, then just stop, say Error or No Disc. usually does it when i try to change discs. sometimes if i remove the cartridge and re-insert it, it will work again. just a pain.

i have an IPOD with about 2800 classic rock songs. i need to find a nice cable to use that, and get rid of my CD changer. i have seen a few, anybody have experience with these cables?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

funny you should ask I found a company that sells a cable that not only can you plug your ipod in you can also get serius radio thru your stock head unit and it only $100.00 $89.00if your a new serius custumer. best part you dont even have to pull your head unit out of the dash. I was going to do a right up this weekend all the info is at home.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Simply put, they are old units and not the best technology to begin with. You have a part that has fairly sensitive parts (laser, etc) that is bumped and banged around the roads for 5 or 10 years and it will happen. The floorboard of the truck provides very little cushion.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Drifting

That would be fine, if I could connect an iPod or my andriod phone to it and use the music there, I wouldn't need a changer.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Pickup Man
I did a search, and found something similar, but I don't know if it's exactly what my issue is or not.
I can load my changer, it accepts the cartridge, it will eject it fine, I can hear clicking when it does this, but if I turn the changer on on the head unit, it immediately says "no disc". It doesn't even take time to try and read it.
Think that blowing air in there or using a cleaner may help, or is it fubar?
Mine did the same thing. I pulled the unit out and took the cover off. I bought a can of compressed air (radio shack) and blew out the inside of the changer. Put it back together and has been working fine for about 3 months now.

Eric

Old 04-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Overlanding

I can't even get my cartridge to eject. I can hear the electronic motor when I push the button but it does not eject. Any Idea?

Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 AM
Three Wheeling

Are you sure that the door is all the way open? I may, ahem, be speaking from experience here.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by MikeThomas
I can't even get my cartridge to eject. I can hear the electronic motor when I push the button but it does not eject. Any Idea?
Tap on it with a small hammer then try the eject button again.

Quick Reply: CD Changer