Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD changer replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CD changer replacement

I don't really do MP3's, I have a few IPOD's lying around from various vendor giveaways, but I don't have the time or want to start using them. What I do have is a large collection of CD's and now a dead Rover CD changer. It started out with a nasty "skip" no it mainly just says "no disc."

Are these generic changers that I can get used and just plug in? Or are they LR specific units? I'm really hoping I just plug a new one in and be done with it.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Not sure what year you have, but I do know that the D1's were pioneer made. I have found a pioneer magazine and a Lexus magazine at flea markets that fit mine. Not sure if the others will be plug and play, but you may be able to swap the guts out.

Other than getting one from e-bay, I don't know of an option of getting a new one unless it is FM modulated.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2001 Discovery II SE. I updated my signature.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one in my DI that I no longer use, since I installed a new head unit with single CD and MP3 hookup.

Its the 6 disc that sits under the front passenger seat. Find out if it will work in your DII and it is yours if you pay the shipping.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM
Camel Trophy
Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Check with people parting out, you might find someone willing to sell real cheap for a used replacement.

Here on some fairly recent ones in our Classified section you can ask about:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=29170

https://landroverforums.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=19920

There are tons of people parting out, so just keep an eye out. They should be plug and play as long as its Alpine. Good luck.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts
Default cd changer swap

I never use my cd changer, is it a bad idea to splice my cd changer harness and hook it up to an ipod adapter (with power) so my stereo aux effectively becomes an ipod player? If anyone has any experience with this could you help me out with a diagram of the cd changer harness? I'd love to know which line is power, etc so i could try and mate it correctly with an ipod cord. Thoughts?ThanksRyan

Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
I never use my cd changer, is it a bad idea to splice my cd changer harness and hook it up to an ipod adapter (with power) so my stereo aux effectively becomes an ipod player? If anyone has any experience with this could you help me out with a diagram of the cd changer harness? I'd love to know which line is power, etc so i could try and mate it correctly with an ipod cord. Thoughts?ThanksRyan
Start a new topic and you will get your answers quicker.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Camel Trophy

the Rave manual has a wiring diagram. It is free in my sig.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:01 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is what i used in my 03 disco, it's called GROOM AUDIO IPOD INTERFACE i use my ipod all the time and i've tried it with my iphone and it also works perfectly, you control everything from the stereo as if you were using the cd, and cd1 cd2 cd3 cd4 and so on it will be your playlist on the ipod, it charges it and it shut it down when not in use, i can provide pictures if you want, it connects behind the radio where the cd changer plugs in, so no more cd changer after all you're going to have a lot more music on your ipod/iphone

the link takes you directly to the groom audio page, you might find it cheaper on ebay

http://www.gromaudio.com/store/ipod_...interface.html

Quick Reply: CD changer replacement