Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD changer replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Scott, have you tried cold booting it? Every now and then I get the dreaded "no disc" error. What seems to be happening on mine: insert magizine, arm pulls out the tray, but not far enough to detect anything, moves to the next tray, does the same thing, through all 6 trays, then says "no disc". Ejecting and reinstalling the magazine does no good.

What I have found works, *99% of the time on mine, is to unplug the changer from the harness under the passenger seat, and let it remain without power for a minute or two, then reconnect and try again. Most of the time it works on the first try. Sometimes I have had to do that with magazine out, reconnect the power and reinstall the magazine, other times I have been able to leave the magazine in the changer while cold booting it. It depends on how she is feeling that day.

*the 1% when it didn't work was because a tray was out of the magazine and jammed in the changer. I couldn't eject, change discs, or anything. I had to remove the changer, disassemble, manually remove the tray, figure out how everything inside the changer works, clean, and reassemble it.