Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD player is jammed

Old 01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD player is jammed

Hello all,
I have the 6 disc changer under the passenger seat and a few days ago switched from CD number 5 to 2 using the radio buttons. I heard the normal clicking sound coming from the changer which was followed by a "disc error" written on the radio itself. Ive had this problem a few times in the past which was cured by taking out the CD cartridge and then putting it back in. However this time around, when I went to do so, I heard the CD changer try to eject the cartridge but then it got stuck. I looked under the seat and I can see that one of the CD slots is still inserted into the changer ........... which is preventing it from ejecting. Also, now when I go to CD on the radio it says "no magazine". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it out without breaking anything. What is the easiest way to remove the entire CD changer so I can get a better look? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Old 01-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: CD player is jammed

First, this is why you only use copies in your car and not originals. They get scratched, stolen, stuck who cares.
On the back of the CD changer there is a reset button, press it and see what happens. That should work.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First remove the trim from around the bottom of the seat (3 philips screws) and 1 trim plug at the back

Then Remove the CD changer from under the seat - 4 x 10mm nuts, unplug it and remove from the car

You can then carefully lift the top off and that will give you access to get the disc out / unstuck.

Be gentle with it at all times, the cd mechanism won't take a beating with a large srewdriver or hammer!!

Its best to lift the seat to the highest position before doing it, asit gives you more room to undo the nuts etc

Old 01-27-2009, 10:18 PM
Mudding

Thanks for the help. Im going to try to fix it tomorrow if it doesnt snow. I will let you guys know how it works out.

If it does take me having to remove the cd changer to get it unstuck, should I consider buying another unit. Is this something that is just the result of bad manufacturing or is there something wrong with my unit. Thanks again.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would tend to fix it and see howI goes, its the sort of thing that can happen. If it continues to do it, something is misaligned / broken somewhere and it will be time for a new one.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great question!

Mine has been stuck just like yours for about 6 months now and won't play anything. It sucks becuase I have a few DOORScds in there with a Killer's cd andmy favorite Roy Orbison cd. The radion stations here in N. Va. are as bad as trying to find a good cruising song on a HAMM radio! And I'm tired of listening to the Republicans and Democrats go back and forth on the news stations! Someone said I could go to Best Buy and those guys could help get it unstuck. I hate the thought of letting one of those guys in my truck. They'll probably knock one of my horn buttons off or something.

Great replies though guys. Very helpful!

Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a cool new invention called satellite radio. You should check it out. It was nice to do a 900 mile drive without ever having to search for a local radio station. Ipods are handy too. I don't even have a CD player in my truck anymore.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

The only problem with Sat radio is the cost, why pay for NPR when I can get it for free?
And MP3 players just suck.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Mudding

Hey guys,
I was messing around with it this afternoon and I managed to get it unstuck without taking the unit out of the truck. I simply kept moving the cartridge back and forth in the CD housing (there is a lot of wiggle room which might be the cause of why these things get stuck) while simultaneously pressing the green ejection button. I guess it slipped off of whatever it was caught on and now everything is good ........ at least for now.

2000 D11 if you look to the right of the cartridge do you see that one of the slots is still inserted into the player. If it is, i think this trick might work for you. The best way to do it is to push in on the cartridge and the move it back and forth to try and dislodge it. Good luck buddy.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kick it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CD player is jammed