Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD sat nav problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:17 AM
pej
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CD sat nav problem

I have purchased a discovery 3, 3 years ago from Germany and asked them to export it to Bulgaria. Although I purchased it with a Sat nav. I was not told that there is no CD for Eastern block by my dealer. But he promised once it is out, he will send a copy to me. I have been driving my car for 3 years now without a sat nav. that I have paid for. I just found that navtec makes the CD for Land Rover. I then contacted my dealer, but they had closed the dealership for good. All I wanted was to change my west European CD for a Eastern one. I asked Mr Oliver of customer care Germany for help but I was told that they can not help me. I contacted Mr Axel Akar After sell manager. Who could not care to answer the call. His assistant told me that they can not do anything to help. I did not make a fuss when I had paid over 2000 Euro for a sat-nav that I was not informed that will not work, why is Land Rover making a client who just wants a swap of CD, who paid 46000 Euro for his car so angry that he has to resort in writing this email and say this will be my last Land Rover ????? Any comment or suggestion is welcomed.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: CD sat nav problem

This is a dealer problem not a LR problem.
You will either need to find another dealer or bite the bullet and buy the correct disc.
I too would be pretty mad over this, butI would not have waited 3 years.
Did they give you problems swapping the disc from the start?

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 AM
pej
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CD sat nav problem

Many thanks,

I had no choice but to wait. LR managed to get Navtec to do the CD for the Easter Block just less than one year a go. And even that is for the major roads.
The dealer at the time of purchase did not know that the CD is only for use in West Europe. When he found out the car had been delivered to me. He promised to get me one. It took 2 years for the CD to come out and by that time the dealer had closed down.