Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center console wooden trim (7 switch, auto, LHD)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2022, 09:16 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center console wooden trim (7 switch, auto, LHD)

Hello gentlemans,

I'm looking for the genuine wood trim plate in the center console (also called skateboard):
  • left-hand drive (!)
  • automatic gearbox
  • 7-switch (with heated seats)
The part number is FJV101660. I've spent already many hours searching on eBay, junks and community chats with no results. Also I need a new shifter boot plastic trim for the wooden plate. Maybe you could help me.

Many thanks

Here is an example trim from the Internet

Old 01-30-2022, 11:52 PM
Mudding
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

There's one from an Disco 1 on Ebay, but it's in horrible condition. I dont see why it wouldn't work in a 2. If you're decent at fixing things you could add 2 holes for heated seats and refinish the whole thing probably. Another option would be the metal one from Tuff-Rok if you're not set on wood. Not many other options besides getting lucky and finding one unfortunately.

I was lucky enough to find a good condition one during a junkyard expedition and it's now home in my 02. Discovery 2's haven't shown up in junkyards as much in the last year or so, but I've seen everything from a Westminster model, high trim levels, brown leather, cloth seats, 04's, and nobody messes with Discos in my area so they all go absolutely untouched. Gotten CDL linkage for $10, rear bumper covers with no cracks at all, bull bar, all kinds of stuff.

I think your best bet is to either get the Tuff-Rok version or find a private seller, but it might cost you a bit.

Old 01-31-2022, 03:49 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your reply! I recently bought genuine wood door trims. So I'd like the veneer will be compare to the center console.

I also know about the Tuff-Rok version but I'd prefer OEM. I'm trying to make my Disco completely stock