Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Halogens to HID Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bangkuaidiscovery04
Lol less quality?
A HID kit is a HID kit. Your friend is getting ripped off and so is everyone he's getting those kits for.

Then again, it's not my money so if he wants to pay the price for two HID kits and only receive one, that his choice.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:42 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What price range am I looking it for two kits for the low beams and fog lights?

Old 02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bangkuaidiscovery04
What price range am I looking it for two kits for the low beams and fog lights?
This guy here averages about $70 a kit, shipped.

http://myworld.ebay.com/hidwholesale88

Old 02-21-2009, 12:22 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered a set of the bi-xenon kits for both my Rover and my Dodge from the same place Street Wolf got his. For both kits and shipping I paid $225 total. I didn't think that was too bad for 2 kits that are hi and low beam xenon. I'll let everyone know how they work when I get them installed.

Seems to me with the popularity of this style light that the DOT and manufacturers would work together to make them legal on the street. I know my dad has been running aftermarket Xenon lights for a few years in his Mercedes R-class and has never had any problems with the cops. (Dad''s R-class has halogen hi-beams that work well but I prefer Xenon hi-beams like Mom's E-class Mercedes has from the factory.)

Old 02-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
This guy here averages about $70 a kit, shipped.

http://myworld.ebay.com/hidwholesale88
Does it need to be Disco specific conversion kits? Or can I order whatever? I'm thinking about doing a 6000K for the low beams and 4300K for the fog lights. What do you think about that set up?

Old 02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I just ordered a set of the bi-xenon kits for both my Rover and my Dodge from the same place Street Wolf got his. For both kits and shipping I paid $225 total. I didn't think that was too bad for 2 kits that are hi and low beam xenon. I'll let everyone know how they work when I get them installed.

Seems to me with the popularity of this style light that the DOT and manufacturers would work together to make them legal on the street. I know my dad has been running aftermarket Xenon lights for a few years in his Mercedes R-class and has never had any problems with the cops. (Dad''s R-class has halogen hi-beams that work well but I prefer Xenon hi-beams like Mom's E-class Mercedes has from the factory.)
I would like to hear how the bi-xenon kit works for you. I'm in dire need of more light output I can barely see at night when I'm driving. I'm just worried about the height of the vehicle and blinding oncoming traffic.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I plan to adjust my headlights down a slight bit to eliminate as much of the blinding oncoming traffic as possible. I plan to get pictures of my current lights and then after I install the HID kit. I hope they will come out well enough to be able to see the difference.

No matter how much light I have it never seems to be enough for me. I want daylight in front of me no matter what time of day.

Old 02-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by AK Rover
I plan to adjust my headlights down a slight bit to eliminate as much of the blinding oncoming traffic as possible. I plan to get pictures of my current lights and then after I install the HID kit. I hope they will come out well enough to be able to see the difference.

No matter how much light I have it never seems to be enough for me. I want daylight in front of me no matter what time of day.
I can't agree with you more. Get those pictures up so we can see what kind of difference it makes.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Street Wolf
$77 isn't bad. Doesn't get too much lower than that.

Thing is, you pay $70-$100 once for light output that halogens can't even compare to, bulbs that last much longer than a halogen as well, and then when they do actually burn out you only pay $20-$30 for a new set.
The guy I got my HID's from has a free warranty replacement if his bulbs burn out and he replaces in sets of two to maintain the light balance.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Street Wof,
I have a concern as to how offensive these light are for people driving towards you, what has the difference been for you?

Quick Reply: Changing Halogens to HID Conversion Kit