Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Checked error codes at AutoZone...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 08:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 107 Likes on 81 Posts
Question Checked error codes at AutoZone...

Hi.
Used the opportunity being at that store to read error codes on my 2000LR today.
Has always had oxygen sensor failures in previous tests and I never addressed the issue, vehicle runs well. Their diagnosis showed none. Self cured ?
Suspected of a failing spark plug or cable after starting/running, showed a bit of engine shaking for a couple of minutes, then running fine all day. Diagnostic confirmed P0302 misfiring on cylinder #2. Interesting it identifies which cylinder. Happy with that result, will replace that wire and if does not cure, try that spark plug.
The printed report shows also secondary DTC's ;
P1590 Rough road implausible cycle A which I do not know what is it; will ignore.
P0440 Right seat temperature sensor currently active. Do not understand either, Heating switch off and seat was cool. Will ignore.
P1319 Misfire with low fuel above maximum - cycle C

What are cycle A, cycle C ?

And interesting, results shows ABS 'PASS' ¿? With 3 amigos on since ~8 years ago because I removed the front driveshaft then, causing the amigos. (Yes, it has been a rear wheel drive only maaany years)

Anything I should learn/know; please tell me.

Old 05-01-2024, 02:12 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 619 Posts

Lots to unpack here. Here we go.

Originally Posted by Externet
Has always had oxygen sensor failures in previous tests and I never addressed the issue, vehicle runs well. Their diagnosis showed none. Self cured ?
God is good.

Suspected of a failing spark plug or cable after starting/running, showed a bit of engine shaking for a couple of minutes, then running fine all day. Diagnostic confirmed P0302 misfiring on cylinder #2. Interesting it identifies which cylinder. Happy with that result, will replace that wire and if does not cure, try that spark plug
In lieu of replacing the wire and/or plug, you can swap them with the wire/plug for another cylinder to see if the fault moves with the swapped part(s).

P1590 Rough road implausible cycle A which I do not know what is it; will ignore.
This code always accompanies The Three Amigos. The huddled masses here ignore it.

P0440 Right seat temperature sensor currently active. Do not understand either, Heating switch off and seat was cool. Will ignore.
Sounds like the AutoZone tool is on crack. According to the RAVE workshop manual, P0440 is an evaporative emissions system code for a purge valve fault - Purge Valve Not Sealing.

Do you have the RAVE workshop manual? You can download it for free from the link in my signature line below.

P1319 Misfire with low fuel above maximum - cycle C

What are cycle A, cycle C ?
Again, please consult the RAVE workshop manual. It shows P1319 is "Misfire detected with low fuel level".

As for Cycle A and Cycle C, you can again consult the RAVE. They are simply combinations of driving conditions that contribute to engine management diagnostics.

And interesting, results shows ABS 'PASS' ¿? With 3 amigos on since ~8 years ago because I removed the front driveshaft then, causing the amigos. (Yes, it has been a rear wheel drive only maaany years)
Huh? Removing the front driveshaft has nothing to do with The Three Amigos. Curing The Three Amigos is often not difficult once you get the ABS codes read.