Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning up...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012 | 10:13 PM
|
Mudding
Default Cleaning up...

So i finally tested the landrover mantra in the mud at the canal here in Delaware. I was always hesitant because of it being a stock HSE. Its a 2003 so no CDL, 18 in rims with street tires,air suspension and no lift.

i have a few friends that are "4x4" guys, they constantly taunt me...we had some rain and i figured I would give in and show them what it means to drive one of these. Brought my friend with modded F350 just in case things got ugly.

WOW...can i tell you that i haven't had that much fun since well...better I don't say. I was driving up/down hills I had no business on...through mud that scared the crap out of me and finally into pools of water that reached the doors. Now i know for most of you this isn't a big deal but for me, the day started out with laughter and ended with everyone wanting drive it. Not that this is deep water mudding but for being a stock truck she made it threw some pretty deep mud and water. I got stuck once but after a little back and forth she pulled herself out in a spray of mud and water. ONe of the biggest deals was the hills, some were pretty steep and muddy and she had no issues, TC came on and it was straight up to the top. On a side note HDC is pretty cool as well.

Attached a pic of what she looked like after the drive home. Which by the way was fantastic, while they are driving on their mud tires and HD suspension upgrades and i am just cruising, would think it was a normal drive if the truck wasn't covered in mud.

Anyway sorry for the story but just wanted to share, great day for me and my rover. And a few more 4x4 believers in the land rover mantra.

QQ:How do clean all the mud off the engine bay its all over the place, can you power wash it?

Thanks as always.

Attached Thumbnails Cleaning up...-rover.jpg  
Old 02-19-2012 | 10:41 PM
TReK

Nice! Looks like fun day.

Yes power wash the engine, I cover the fuse box, and ABS modulator, then spray away.