Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code EXPLOSION!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code EXPLOSION!

I just had my land spit out 10 codes... Holy ****! These are the codes that it has brought up:

0332----knock sensor
0340---crank position sensor (I just replaced this)
0445---Purge Valve
0448---evap something?
0102---MAF (I just replaced this)

0135--O2 sensor
0155--O2 sensor
0141--O2 sensor
0161--O2 sensor

Can you guys help? I have read about a lot of these codes and I am a little overwelmed at the sheer amount. Where do I start? I just ordered 4 new O2 sensors, a purge valve, and another crank position sensor.

Thanks for the help

Old 06-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Just a quick fyi, it helps if we have a little more than just codes. Did you look up the definations as well. Also, just because your have a code for a part, doesn't mean that part is automatically bad.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Drifting

Well, my rover is running pretty rough, kind of a low idle almost to the point that it wants to die. I have had a couple of rough starts since i got all the codes. It happened earlier today while I was driving...the car was running great until that point. Really smells like exhaust fumes under the hood.

As far as looking up the definitions to each code... I have, and I thought that was what I wrote out to the side of them. Obviously they are not complete but I figured everyone would get the point.

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this i'm all ears/eyes, I'm not a mechanic so my solution is just replace everything the code reader says is bad and go from there.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cancel that order now! For starters p0340 is CAM position sensor...not crank...i've had all these codes appear at the same time as well. Check fuse #2 in your fuse box (the under hood one not the interior one). I bet you its blown. This fuse covers CAM position sensor, evap purge valve, all 4 o2 sensor heaters, and your MAF. if it blows they ALL throw codes hence your dilema. If you replace it and nothing happens yuo get lucky, else you have to trace each individual component to find out where the short is that is causing the fuse to blow. This is usually a bare wire shorting to the block/bay though in my case my cam position sensor went bad and was causing it to short. Good luck hope you get lucky and had a fluke fuse blow!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by br0keit
Cancel that order now! For starters p0340 is CAM position sensor...not crank...i've had all these codes appear at the same time as well. Check fuse #2 in your fuse box (the under hood one not the interior one). I bet you its blown. This fuse covers CAM position sensor, evap purge valve, all 4 o2 sensor heaters, and your MAF. if it blows they ALL throw codes hence your dilema. If you replace it and nothing happens yuo get lucky, else you have to trace each individual component to find out where the short is that is causing the fuse to blow. This is usually a bare wire shorting to the block/bay though in my case my cam position sensor went bad and was causing it to short. Good luck hope you get lucky and had a fluke fuse blow!
br0keit YOU have made me the happiest man on earth right now! I check the fuses and sure enough #2 was blown. I also checked some of the wires and noticed that some of them had been touching the exhaust manifold and were melted bare thus they were exposed. I am going to replace the fuse and deal with the wires in the morning, if this works is there anything I can do to repay you...you may have saved me $400 in new parts?

Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM
Winching

Just make sure you fix the wire situation before you drive it again, hence the fuse will blow again!

Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Rock Crawling

When I bought my truck and had the same issues I was about to do the same thing you did and replace the same parts. I decided to take it to a dealer to have it looked at and got a nice tech that called me after I left recommending I check the same fuse. Sure enough there it was, $100 spent at the dealer saved me $hundreds in parts.