Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code: P1412 & P1415 Issue SOLVED? Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Code: P1412 & P1415 Issue SOLVED? Pictures!

So my SES light and fault codes were cleared about 2 weeks ago and it came back on today.

I read a few forums and told me to check vacuum hose that are broken or have fallen off.

* Popped the hood, what do you know? A black hose was taped with electric tape was broken off. Maybe this was the culprit for causing the Secondary Air Injection fault. I just re-taped it until I know how to fix it. Anyone know the size of hose to purchase or any clamps?

*Another thing, I found an aluminum foil hose wrap or some sort laying on the hoods duct. Not sure where this belongs to. Anyone?

Check the pictures!

---------------------
P.S. Whenever the truck is not running, I always hear some type of sounds coming from the ABS module. Is this normal?
-
-
-

The following users liked this post:
xisled (03-05-2024)
Old 07-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

No, this is not normal and before it goes to long and you trash the module, I would suggest you have a mechanic look at it , let us know what they say is wrong and what the estimate is.
As for you hose, I see a electrical conduit cover torn, not a hose, and you can buy a replacement for that at any auto parts store. If in fact there is a hose also, buy a new replacement from Rover and replace it ASAP.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

THIS IS WHAT THAT HOSE AND HEAT SHIELD LOOKS LIKE. It goes to your Secondary Air Injection (SAI) pump

P4200133.jpg?t=1246459551

Last edited by jycsalas; 07-01-2009 at 10:04 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
No, this is not normal and before it goes to long and you trash the module, I would suggest you have a mechanic look at it , let us know what they say is wrong and what the estimate is.
As for you hose, I see a electrical conduit cover torn, not a hose, and you can buy a replacement for that at any auto parts store. If in fact there is a hose also, buy a new replacement from Rover and replace it ASAP.
Thanks Mike, I will stop by the LR dealer tomorrow and get back to you guys.

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
electrical conduit cover torn
Is this the aluminum shield you are talking about or the broken (hose) thing?

Great picture jycsalas, I now have a reference where the aluminium shield goes.

Does anyone know the part # or length that will work?

_
_
_

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Part # according to Microcat is WAH100150 Good luck!

PS.. you can probably do without getting the original part and find a hose long enough that will connect both ends.
SAI.jpg?t=1246478351

Old 07-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jycsalas
Part # according to Microcat is WAH100150 Good luck!

PS.. you can probably do without getting the original part and find a hose long enough that will connect both ends.
Wow jycsalas, what is that software or program, Microcat?

From that highlighted picture, the length seems shorter.

Still having trouble finding a supplier for that part. I have yet to stop by the dealer to check the ABS tickling noise. Since I'm there I'll ask them as well.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1412 code not solved

I own a 2004 Discovery and my mechanic has replaced, piece by piece, the entire SAI system with the exception of the stainless steel tubing. The first problem was that the valves stopped working and the hose between the SAI air pump and the stainless tubing melted. Both valves were replaced along with the hose. Also discovered were some blown fuses which were also changed. The P1412 code appeared again. The the solenoid on the SAI air pump was replaced. The code came back. Then the air pump was then replaced. The code reappeared. The SES light was cleared each time and I drove the Rover about 20-30 miles each time and then parked the vehicle. The SES light would go back on after a few hundred yards of driving the next morning.

Along with this, I noticed the air conditioning was not running. I checked the fuse (10 amp) and it was blown. Also blown was the cooling fan fuse (40 amp) next to it. Both are in the engine compartment fuse block. I replaced them both only to have both blow again a few minutes later.

I am at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:28 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Stop replacing fuses, there is a good chance your fuse block if failing, kind of common, if so, this needs to be looked at and replaced if need be.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your response, Mike.

Are the fuses and the SAI codes tied in some way? Could the fuse block, if failing, cause the recurring P1412 code? Also, is the replacement of the fuse block a matter of plugging in connectors from the wiring harness or is it beyond the scope of a backyard mechanic?

Old 07-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

If you are blowing fuses for the a/c and the condenser fan check to see if the fan is seized, if it is when it tries to come on the extra draw to try and turn a seized electric motor can blow the fuse.
Just try and spin the fan by hand, if it does not turn with one finger it is bad.

Quick Reply: Code: P1412 & P1415 Issue SOLVED? Pictures!