Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes From ABS Amigo

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes From ABS Amigo

--------------------------------------------------------------
1.--Current Faults---->
Active Faults:
None
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faults
------------------------------------------------------------
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
022:ECU Gnd or Reference Gnd bad
Logged Faults:
None
<-END Faults
..--Previous Faults--->
Active Faults:
Comms Error
Logged Faults:
Comms Error
<-END Faults

I have Zero Idea what any of it means.

Help is much appreciated.

Old 11-06-2010, 08:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's showing 3 different code readings (it keeps a log of previous readings) with a fault only showing up in one of them, the 022 ground fault which has ben cleared (no current faults). I had this fault show up the first time I plugged in my amigo reader and it didn't show up again after that. From what I have read it sounds like it's pretty common for that code to show up the first time you plug it in. Was your abs light on before you read the codes, is it still on, is it your amigo reader?

Old 11-07-2010, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Go to the top of the Discovery section and read Josh's sticky on ABS repairs, you will need to do the ground wire replacement to stop that fault. If it were mine and over 100,000, I would also install one of the shuttle valve replacement kits along with new o-rings and seals from Falcon works, cause it will also be failing and you might as well deal with it now.
When done, do a full 2 quart DOT 4 brake flush to get rid of your old acidic brake fluid.

Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

were your 3 amigos on when you scanned it?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:36 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Sure they were or he wouldn't have gotten his code.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Go to the top of the Discovery section and read Josh's sticky on ABS repairs, you will need to do the ground wire replacement to stop that fault. If it were mine and over 100,000, I would also install one of the shuttle valve replacement kits along with new o-rings and seals from Falcon works, cause it will also be failing and you might as well deal with it now.
When done, do a full 2 quart DOT 4 brake flush to get rid of your old acidic brake fluid.
Next weekend should be fun! Falcon works is about 100 miles away from me in tucson so i will hit them up for the necessary parts. I am semi mechanically inclined, so is this something i should be worried about completing on my own or have the falcon works folks handle.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
were your 3 amigos on when you scanned it?
the Amigos were not on when i scanned the vehicle. They had come on a week previous so i went ahead and ordered the Amigo so i could see what the issues was. They have not been on since they initial appeared, but i figured it is best to scan and see what happens.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by jkid
It's showing 3 different code readings (it keeps a log of previous readings) with a fault only showing up in one of them, the 022 ground fault which has ben cleared (no current faults). I had this fault show up the first time I plugged in my amigo reader and it didn't show up again after that. From what I have read it sounds like it's pretty common for that code to show up the first time you plug it in. Was your abs light on before you read the codes, is it still on, is it your amigo reader?
Codes were not on at the time i read them, they had come on previously and gone off and had not returned. I bought the Amigo just to be safe and to have a leg up on future amigo issues.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

previous faults is a previous scan. If this is your Amigo and this is the third time you scanned your truck than yes listen to Mike. If you bought this Amigo used OR are borrowing it from someone, AND this is the first time you scanned your truck then that fault is not yours. I'm trying to make sure that the repair you are going to undertake is actually for your truck. The way the Amigo works is it saves every scan that is had done. Your amigo shows it has scanned three times and found a fault only on the second scan. Hope this helps you understand how it works.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
previous faults is a previous scan. If this is your Amigo and this is the third time you scanned your truck than yes listen to Mike. If you bought this Amigo used OR are borrowing it from someone, AND this is the first time you scanned your truck then that fault is not yours. I'm trying to make sure that the repair you are going to undertake is actually for your truck. The way the Amigo works is it saves every scan that is had done. Your amigo shows it has scanned three times and found a fault only on the second scan. Hope this helps you understand how it works.

Shoot! I bought the thing brand new from the company and this is the first time I have used it. So if I am understanding this is not a brand new scanner and the codes aren't mine.

Quick Reply: Codes From ABS Amigo