Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confidence Inspiring performance

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confidence Inspiring performance

So many posts I read are complaining about our vehicles somehow, "oh my oil pump is going to explode, tres-Amigos, no cdl.... I thought it would be nice to mention just how friggin' awesome this works offroad and in the snow from first hand experience.

I had 7 people packed into my SE with a Yakima Rocket Box on the roof. On the way down to visit my relatives 3 hours away a good sized snow fell. My relatives live in the literal sticks of upstate NY. Some live 20 minutes away from another house.

I knew how to get to most of my relatives homes but a couple were not that known to me so I used GPS. The GPS had me go up over a road that, until I was at the top I thought was just a normal dirt road. Nope, it was a non serviced 8 foot wide road that I could not turn around on. There were ditches on both side too deep to go into and trees right next to the path.

At the crest I put it into low and turned on descent control. The downside of this hill was VERY steep and I was not too confident in my braking abilities. So I slowly crawled down a slick, unplowed path through the woods, with my kids and inlaws in back freaking out. I need to mention I have new tires and brand new slotted rotors and pads all around.

We made it down beautifully. Took us about 30 minutes to go 1/2 mile but we had no other choice but to go down. The DA made it weird experience because it moved the brake peddle on its own.

Throughout the 4 days I had to climb driveways covered in a sheet of ice.

Truely a great machine.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

my disco has done me well so far in this NY winter.. i agree its just awesome!