Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

coolant and oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike I think you misinterpreted what I was trying to say....no I don'tthink he walks on water. Just met him yesterday. I think you walk on water. That's why I was telling u this stuff. I thought he was a quack and I would listen you your guys advice way before him. I thought u fellas would find the **** he said comical. Yeah I have no intentions on taking it to him to work on. When I was 16 I got burned by a mechanic and said I would work on my own stuff from then on. I will figure it out before I let someone nail me in the *** at a shop. This forum is great by the way!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Indianapolis Shops

Originally Posted by kevans
Well he also told me to switch oil from mobile 1 to castrol and only change it every 12000 miles. That's when I really started having doubts about him as a land rover mechanic. He said the guys on this forum were just back yard mechanics and u have crazy ideas. I can give u his number or if u come to indianapolis I can take u to kick is *** for saying u guys are just ****ty back yard mechanics.

You are in Indianapolis? Not sure where you took it, but if it was Euro Motor Works I would recommend you look else where.

I needed a head gasket replacement. The total quote they gave me was $3400. $2500 for the head gasket work and the rest for other things they added on. I understand that they will have some mark up on parts, but they were almost 300% higher than what I could order the OEM gasket kit for. Their labor quote alone was higher than the total to do the job at most independent shops. (To give you an idea, for just over $100 more I could have had the dealership do the repair.) They also recommended I replace the water pump. I ordered a original equipment replacement with gasket for $190. They wanted $370. I told them I thought the quote was out of line and I would be by to pick up the Disco. After picking up the vehicle, I found the spark plugs had not been re torqued, and one was almost totally backed out of the head. They only thing I can think is that they are used to people just saying "fine, fix it" and didn't bother re-tightening everything to save time.

Just left me with a bad taste in my mouth.