Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Hose Routing Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 01:49 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Hose Routing Question

Thanks in advance for your help!

I recently purchased a 99 Oxford Blue Disco II SE7 (no ACE) has SLS with winter pkg and LOVE IT! I've read all of the posts on cruise controls, as mine exhibited the vacuum leak syndrome.. Here's the rub;

There is clearly a hose missing! I don't have a routing diagram and I am trying to track it down while my shop manual is on order. Near the CC vacuum diaphram there are two hoses that go from front to back of the same unit, yet a THIRD hose is missing off of the bottom most connector of the "t" This is the hose that I "THINK" should go to the brake pedal as other people have mentioned in the forums.

Where does this hose connect to the brake pedal? Does it connect to the brake booster? I have looked everywhere with my flashlight but do not see an obvious connector anywhere.

Could someone please describe how the hose is routed and it's connecting lcoations at either end?

THANKS!

Josh

Old 10-16-2006, 11:15 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control Hose Routing Question

I have a 99 and will be glad to run out and check on the 3rd. hose. As for the hose to the brake pedal area, there is a switch connecting to the brka pedal, similiar to the brkae switch but this one has a hose attached, that is the one you need to check.
Mike

Old 10-16-2006, 02:30 PM
5th Gear

Thanks Mike,

This is in the passenger compartnment no engine compartment correct? - it goes through the firewall? When you look could you also indicate where it passes through the firewall? It seems odd that someone would have removed the hose altogether so I am hoping to find some trace..

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2006, 02:32 PM
5th Gear

Ok.. In reading your post I think this is what is implied...

There is a hose running from the brake pedal to the brake booster with a switch, or does the hose route from the brake pedal all the way to the CC diaphram near the washer resevoir?

Josh

Old 10-17-2006, 10:10 AM
4wd Low

If you follow the brake pedal up about 6-8 inches, you will find a frame bracket in front of the brake pedal (on the side toward the seat). This bracket holds 2 switches) the lower one is the cruise control switch and the upper one is for the break lights. The cruise control switch went out on mine a few months ago, so I replaced it. (luckily) it has a quick clip mechanism so it just snaps onto the bracket. I replaced the hoses at the same time (may as well). Easiest way to connect it is to (gently) work it back and forth until it unsnaps, pull it out of the cramped spot it is in and put the vaacum hose on it them snap it back into place.

Good Luck!
Charles