Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Tubing Routing.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control Tubing Routing.

Driving my "new" Disco in from Atlanta, the cruise control light came on but wouldn't engage. I phoned the previous owner &, of course, he sworethat it had always worked. Anyhow, drove it on inanyhow and popped hood at home. There were NO tubes coming from control unit! I have RAVE and other books but absolutely canNOT find a clear photo, drawing, &/or explanation of where & how the tubes should be routed. People have said (via phone or note) "...from the intake manifold, yada, yada..." butI just can't seehow they should be rounted. Also, I've only seen one other Disco up in the sticks where I live. And he's always zooming by in the other direction. If I can track him down, I'll take a peek. Are any of you in the Northeastern part of Arkansas (I'm in Cherokee Village)? I'll drive aways to just look! Also, I have the 3 Amigo lights now. They'll come on now beforeI even move the vehicle! I'll start it and not even put it gear anddingdingding. I have to shut down for 20 min or more to (sometimes) clear the lights, but the 1st start of the new day....dingdingding. I've done the battery disconnect, too, but that's not the way I want to live!! Oh, I have a '99 Discovery II w/103,000mi. Thanks. krk

Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Cruise Control Tubing Routing.

OlDood,
I have a '96 Disco I, but maybe this will help. I had the same problem with a vacuum leak in my cruise control hosing causing it not to work. I can't recall where I found the routing diagram, but mine has a hose going through the firewall down near the brake pedal, and a hose going forward to a vacuum reservoir under the jack behind front left headlight, These two meet at a "T" fitting near the brake servo, and the third hose goes somewhere on the intake. On mine the one to the front needed replacing from age. The one through the firewall is tricky, I just cut off the split end and still have the old one. Hope this helps.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 AM
Overlanding

Thanks for info...yes, it'll help. Funny about cars in your signature. The guy in Atlanta from whom I purchased this Disco, was selling his (now mine) '99 Discovery and his '88 Jaguar at the same time...

Thanks again,
krk

Old 07-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Rock Crawling

Well, they are distant relatives from the time there was the JTR group - Jaguar, Triumph, Rover. I sure don't think I'll be selling mine anytime soon. It's taken me a while to get the bugs out.