Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:40 AM
TReK
Received 786 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconDoc83

i understand that....where does the OTHER END go?
There should be two hoses coming from the bottom end of the vacuum unit. One goes to the bellows. The other goes to the top end of the vacuum unit. It's pretty obvious if you pull the thing off the truck and look because they're the only places that a hose will fit.

Old 09-15-2018, 11:32 AM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by longtallsally

The other end goes to the actuator if I’m looking correctly. Follow the pics I posted or look up in the RAVE, or even look for pumps for sale on Ebay to learn the routing.

In terms of the rotary coupler, that’s what makes the radio and CC work on the steering wheel as it turns. If your radio controls don’t work either, that is the issue. Lots documented out there on all this stuff. There is a thread here if you search that will run you through some great procedures.

My point was that in order to send a signal to the pump under the hood, the switches have to work. In the cab you have the computer, switches, and brake switch. Under the hood are the hoses, pump, and actuator.
my radio controls on the steering wheel do not work because it has an aftermarket Sony; I have to install an adapter to regain those controls.

Doc

Old 09-15-2018, 11:40 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by mollusc
There should be two hoses coming from the bottom end of the vacuum unit. One goes to the bellows. The other goes to the top end of the vacuum unit. It's pretty obvious if you pull the thing off the truck and look because they're the only places that a hose will fit.
ok....

Either I’m speaking Swahili or people are just being argumentative...

there is ONE hose that connects to the BLACK nipple on the BOTTOM of the bellows...we have established that, numerous times.

that hose has TWO ends; one end attaches to that black nipple....and the other end GOES WHERE? Everyone keeps talking about the end that connects on the bottom....I want to know where the other end goes.

one person says “it goes to the actuator” and says “I posted pictures”; but none of the pictures I have seen posted identify the final destination of the hose.

I’m not sure how this has become so confusing...

Doc

Old 09-15-2018, 03:48 PM
TReK

It goes to the black connection you circled in your second photo, in your first post. That is NOT the bellows. The bellows is photo 1.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:49 PM
Mudding

Jesus Christ....

I give up....

Where the damned hose goes on the bottom....it’s circled; it has a damned nipple on it; circled. Nothing goes onto the clear / white vent next to the nipple.

where does the other end of god damned hose go....why is that so hard get an answer to?

its like trying to teach a bunch of boot marines how to brush their teeth..

Doc

Old 09-15-2018, 10:52 PM
TReK

You have been told the answer repeatedly. IT GOES ONTO THE BELLOWS.

As I tried to clarify above, the connection immediately adjacent IS NOT THE BELLOWS.

Last edited by mollusc; 09-15-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Simma down Sport. Everything will be fine. Folks are just trying to help.

If you look very closely at the pictures I posted, you can see the routing. But let’s try another way.

Heere is the dead pump I took out. You can clearly see the hoses. The only one missing is the big one that goes around to... the actuator. That is the black post on the right in the picture and goes around to the bracket and the actuator. There are no other hoses. Myself and others were telling you the one that looks to be cut, is the one that is missing from this pic.

With regards to your steering wheel controls. Did you do a search on the thread I mentioned for overall analysis of the CC system? To recap that thread, there are some key components to the system:
- brake switch
- CC computer
- clusterr switch
- steering wheel controls
- rotary coupler
- and the under the hood the pump/actuator assembly and cable

I assume you are trying to tackle this one component at a time, bu don’t be certain in thinking if you get that hose hooked up, it will start to work.

Did you remove the actuator and test to make sure it holds a vacuum? Have you removed the pump and put 12v to it to see if it in fact works? Have you verified there is a “click” in the passenger footwell indicating the CC computer turns on? And yes, you need to make sure the rotary coupler is working.

If this doesn’t help you, I got nothing more.

Last edited by longtallsally; 09-16-2018 at 11:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mollusc (09-16-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 02:33 PM
Mudding

First....

I FIXED IT!

Second....

I finally found the “other end” of the hose; I understand it was attacked to the bladder....but I could not recognize the connection. It did not have a nipple on it like the one at the other end...just a straight piece of plastic / metal sticking out...hell I thought it was part of the mounting bracket.

lastly....

i apologize for the outburst; it just seemed that everyone was interested on the lower nipple next to the clear / white vent opening on the bottom...and I had already established that I knew where that end went. I just couldn’t find the connection on the other end.

total cost of repair....$2

thanks for the help on this problem.

Doc

Old 09-17-2018, 09:21 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 280 Likes on 182 Posts

Well done. Told ya it was goi g to the actuator...

Old 09-17-2018, 12:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconDoc83
First....

I FIXED IT!

Second....

I finally found the “other end” of the hose; I understand it was attacked to the bladder....but I could not recognize the connection. It did not have a nipple on it like the one at the other end...just a straight piece of plastic / metal sticking out...hell I thought it was part of the mounting bracket.

lastly....

i apologize for the outburst; it just seemed that everyone was interested on the lower nipple next to the clear / white vent opening on the bottom...and I had already established that I knew where that end went. I just couldn’t find the connection on the other end.

total cost of repair....$2

thanks for the help on this problem.

Doc
Sweet!

You couldn't fix it for a dollar? Haha! I love it when a rover get fixed cheaply. Well done!

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Not Working: pictures included