Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default custom exhaust

Well since I live in a state with out inspection and my exhaust needs some rework, I am going to order up some mandrel bent U's and make a new exhaust system. Going to take out the cats, but was wondering what others are running for their trucks. Currently the mid muffler was replaced a flowmaster that has had a baffle come loose and vibrates like mad. doesnt sound bad otherwise. still has the back resonator.

I welded up the manifold today that had a pretty good crack in it. going to go from the downpipes back and follow the stock line until the back where I am going to make a side exit through the body and out the rovertym bumper. Turning a nice trim ring on a lathe at work.

what are your running, thinking a Magnaflow.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Throw in O2 simulators to fool the ECU?

Old 06-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Throw in O2 simulators to fool the ECU?
yes sir

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

The only fooling you will do is fooling your self, yes it will partially fool the ECU but not totally and you will never have the original performance your engine had when new.
As for a muffler, consider the Cherry Bomb Vortex, as a possibe replacement.
Cherry Bomb | Exhausts | Catalytic Converters | Mufflers | Exhaust Tips | Disturbing the Peace Since 1968!

Old 06-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
The only fooling you will do is fooling your self, yes it will partially fool the ECU but not totally and you will never have the original performance your engine had when new.
There is no doubt about that, it has 180k miles on it. having cats on it and proper o2 sensors attached is not going to make it run like new either.

Not going to be going the route of the simulators so much as these.

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/O2-S...cer_p_306.html

Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dpaller
There is no doubt about that, it has 180k miles on it. having cats on it and proper o2 sensors attached is not going to make it run like new either.

Not going to be going the route of the simulators so much as these.

O2 Sensor Spacer
You don't need to spend that much. Get some spark plug non foulers for like $5 a piece at Autozone or any parts store, and drill them out. I got two for each sensor just to be sure. With two, you still only need to drill out one for each sensor. The other just adds more space between the exhaust flow and sensor. Altogether $20. So far, no lights for 5-6 months.

Last edited by MC04DII; 06-02-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Three Wheeling

Yeah those are the baller ones, there are cheaper ones out there. Going to check and see if I have a tap for the thread at work and if not, possibly get the tool room to order one. I can make that at work on my lunch break, plenty of stainless laying around.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These days fooling around with exhaust systems rarely does anything but ruin mileage and power. Engineers are PAID to make exhaust flow smoothly and flow past the oxygen sensors in a certain way. changing the AIR flow past O2 sensors can ruin power mileage, and even destroy an engine over time by causing an excess of fuel to get used. OLDER cars would improve, but modern trucks usually get ruided by changing exhaust systems

Old 01-24-2014, 01:44 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't rely on the engineers on this one, there's a lot of room for improvement on these trucks BECAUSE of poor engineering lol.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no mechanic but sometimes we are to smart for are own good. I heard bad results with adding Flowmasters and a few others. If someone has a exhaust system that improves performance and fuel I would like to know how so I can do it when it comes time.

Quick Reply: custom exhaust