Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom made sub enclosure I made

Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default custom made sub enclosure I made

I was after a factory look as to not get broken into. The box I built fits perfectly in the passenger side storage unit. I covered it in black vinyl with some quilting batting underneath to give a more finished look. I mounted the amp where it is so it was out of the way. I am having the windows tinted due to the heat down here so it will not be seen at all. I did not want to lose any cargo space because I use my Disco as a truck but wanted a fuller sounding system. I also replaced all the other speakers with JL 3 way component speakers and added a single din Clarion head unit with bluetooth, usb, XM, DVD and optional Ipod dock (I am an android fan, tried the new Iphone and sold it on Ebay for a grand) The Disco was tight when running all the wires but all in all it sounds full and rich after the upgrade. I still have a few finishing touches on the screw heads on the trim and also need to get the sand out of the cargo area but all in all I am pleased. Any questions please ask. I have a vast range when it comes to music so this works great for me. Opera, punk , rap, metal, classics etc...I find the 10" does an amazing job and I have always been a JL fan and customer.

Attached Thumbnails custom made sub enclosure I made-imag0418.jpg   custom made sub enclosure I made-imag0420.jpg   custom made sub enclosure I made-imag0421.jpg   custom made sub enclosure I made-imag0434.jpg   custom made sub enclosure I made-imag0436.jpg  

Old 11-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That looks really nice. I am still looking for a good place to integrate my 10". I have an SE7 though so it's tough with the two seats back there.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Winching

bb do you need seating for 7? This was the best option that I found. I lost one storage bin but I never really used it.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Nice work, I'd like to see it done with the same finish of the genuine plastic to make it look factory. How'd you mount it to the panel?

Old 11-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like having the option. I use them occassionally. I guess I could just remove one of the seats... but I still like having both back there. As it is now, I just have a shallow 10' in a slim box. It sits right behind the middle row, right in the middle of the two third row seats. They are easily usable with the sub there, but I would definitely like to come up with something better. I thought about creating a box that would fit right where yours is, but make it easily removable so I could put the seat up when needed for storage. haha but this is all talk since I have more pressing things to work on at the moment new drive shaft... lift... new tires... all that fun stuff

Old 11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something to consider... I am thinking about doing this! Create a box that would hang from the roof, out of the way and small enough to not be a vision issue.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Winching

I did consider that but went with the storage unit instead. I only really use one so its perfect. I do have to rewire the amps power because it is killing my radio reception.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Winching

I was going to make a box that went over the curved glass window in the roof by the cargo door and mount the amp to the liner as well. Just another Idea for you to consider.