Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D.A.P.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: D.A.P.

ORIGINAL: okdiscoguy

I read where someone was really looking for a lowering kit for a Disco......jees, really?
Yes, there was a guy in Canada looking to lower a DI. I dont get it either.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:20 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought clear indicators for my Dodge when I broke one of them. They were actually cheaper and looked better than the factory lights.

A week or so ago someone did ask about lowering a Disco like Spike said. The OP drove an LR3 and his buddy was looking at getting a D1 and they wanted to lower both of them. And then there was another one that decided since everyone told him you can't lower a Disco that he would lift it and put 35" tires under it.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:37 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

ORIGINAL: AK Rover And then there was another one that decided since everyone told him you can't lower a Disco
Since you can lower a Defender, I don't see why you couldn't lower a D1, same drivetrain. why is an entirely different question. [:'(]

Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM
TReK

Why would you want to lower a Defender? IMO, lowering any vehicle is about the most pointless thing I could think of do to any vehicle. Lowering makes for a rougher ride and reduces load capacity.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:42 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For pretty much the same reason so many people raise one and never take it offroad. Not saying that about ANYONE here!!! But I have a feeling that most of the lifted vehicles out here in the flat lands of North Dakota don't see more than a mile or two off a paved road.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:48 PM
TReK

Having worked here in North Dakota for a little over a year now I can safely say that I have spent more time off-road in my tractor-trailer for work than most of the lifted trucks around here have ever seen. There are a lot of farmers around here so the trucks could see some muddy fields but most have an old beat up pickup for working the farm and the big lifted trucks are just for show.