Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damaged hood blackout via mail

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:17 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Damaged hood blackout via mail

ok well after waiting and extra week for it to arrive, I finally got my hood blackout today... except when I opened it, i found that it had some marks on it, kind of like little creases. Now, I am going to call tomorrow and tell Vigg about it, just to see what he says, because its pretty obvious the box was bent or smushed during delivery. But I was wondering if anyone else has installed a blackout with creases on it because after reading the directions and they make it sounds like if there are any "scratches or marks" it will come out with some heat... The best description I can give is it looks like paper after being slightly bent and it it fairly bad it certain areas.

If anyone has done this process and thinks that heat will work it out, let me know. If not, I am sending it back. Tomorrow I will call vigg designs to see what I need to do, I am also going to recommend he put it in a full size tube, unlike the half size he did this time, i think that would prevent the damage.

Oh yeah, here is the process I was talking about:

http://viggdesigns02.brinkster.net/g...verhoodinstall

Thanks!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Damaged hood blackout via mail

That sux Cam. I always wondered how those vinyl blackouts were shipped, good luck getting a replacement. Can you post pics on how your application of the vinyl goes?

Old 03-20-2008, 07:38 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, I dont blame Vigg Designs for the damage, but for some reason the protection only covered half the vinyl, so I know UPS will blame Vigg Designs for bad packaging... Other than that, the other products I got from them were great and the service was good as well, so anyone interested in products from them should def. go for it!

As for taking pics, I will do that along with a write up on how to do it. The Viggdisigns.com pic are a bit hard to see.

Have a great day!

Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I used paint, so didn't have to worry about shipping damage.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:59 AM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

UPS destroyed one of my window regulators during transit recently. Rover Connection made good on it and sent me another, but I feel your pain.

Nothing like getting excited only to find that it's been damaged. It'll ruin your day.

As far as the application goes, we re-stickered my buddies Mastercraft ski boat and some of his stickers had been distorted druing shipping. I know that not the same as the thick vinyl you're dealing with, but the stickers turned out fine in the end.

Good luck.