Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Illumination Problem... please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dash Illumination Problem... please help!!

I found the MFU. Side note... another thing i noticed is the ding it used to make when the headlights are on and you forget to shut them off doesnt ding anymore.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:23 AM
Drifting

ok i just did all of the MFU tests. i got the 2 beeps after everything and everything worked so i thing that rules out the MFU?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Drifting

also it beeped twice when i turned the headlight/parking light switch into position one so does that rule out the headlight switch as a problem?

Old 01-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

it should, that and the fact that you are getting one tailight on when you flip that switch. Just out of curiosity try pulling out the one light that works and see what will happen, make sure you have a good bulb in the other taillight socket. just toying with RyanD2's point, also have you noticed anything else having issues? do you get any dimming of the headlights with the radio on or something like less air blowing out of the climate control fan?

Old 01-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Drifting

everything else seems to be working good.... i will try switching the bulbs and bulb holders from the working side and see if that atleast will help solve the taillight issue.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Mudding

Any chance you have a garage, where you can get soem heat around your truck. Its either very coincidental or soemthing after the wash got wet. problem seems to be directed to the rear markers, pull both of them and bring them inside to dry, meanwhile pulling all the bulbs and cleaning any contacts you can get to. If possible get soem serious heat around the truck, like a space heater and see if maybe soemthing dries out. I still think its contact related in the wiring. Im not too familiar with grounds on either the DI or minea DII but 90% of electricle issues are ground ralated, i would get every ground i see cleaned up. Salt is very corrosive and will travel anywhere the water goes, i just washed my saab after the roads have been covered in salt and i lost my reverse lights, poped hood and main ground was covered in white stuff. cleaned now im good to go.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Drifting

does anyone by chance know where i can find a diagram that lists all of the D1 grounds and where they are located?

Old 01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Drifting

If i cant find the source soon... i may just take it to the dealer to have them diagnoss and go from there... I will post once i find the problem.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Mudding

i dotn have the download for the dI's from rave on my computer. if you cant find it, or open it try this. go to shopkey5.com, this is a free-b we were given
username UTiexton1
password UTiexton1 pm for my number if you have issues with this

last resort is dealer.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

browser881
if your truck has a trailer hitch, make sure it is dry. Blow it out dry. This is one source of grounding that could give you headaches.
Ed

Quick Reply: Dash Illumination Problem... please help!!