Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer ?

itook it to a dealer told them to test everything before replaceing headgasket they asured me that what it was then replaced it now still heated up replced therm so far so good shouldnt it be thier issue i had a minute leek out not in with my head gasket

?heelp

Old 09-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

what? are you from America? why did you go to the dealer?

Old 09-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Please be seated. Take a deep breath. This may hurt.

If you had a overheating incident, from the original defective head gaskets, you may have also caused a cylinder sleeve to drop from its normal position. This can be repaired, but it is a good deal of money (much more than head gaskets) and dealers usually want to install a new engine instead.

However, since they did the new head gasket work, you should stop doing any other work on it and let them examine it to see what they will fix under their warranty of the head gasket.

The slipped liner is the result of overheating, not the cause of it.

Now on the good side, you could have a number of other problems that are no where near as serious, they just decided to pop up at the same time.

So the dealer should evaluate what is going on, if there are additional items not covered on the original estimate you have somewhat of a negotiating position, you most likely won't get them for free, but you may get a reduced price on them since they already kissed you for the head gaskets.

By the way, what did they charge for the head gaskets job?

Old 09-02-2011, 10:48 PM
4wd High
Default dealer

they charged 2300 + 567 for ignition wires now they want ten grand to fix it they strippped a bolt going in the first time they did the gasket then they drovit it over heated they replaced the therm and it overheated again. they then took it apart again and are saying its my problem after they siad it was all inspected and good before they put on the first head gasket now thier looking for a trade in for me? is this my fault if they messed up? what do you think they want ten grand to fix it now

Last edited by help; 09-02-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:53 PM
4wd High

thought they were honest and the only ones who could work on it computer code and all

Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ten grand will buy you a LAND ROVER GENUINE BLOCK! With heads, ect... BUT THATS after you give them your old one for a $2500 credit! I don't know what labor is.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

if you have the inspection that they said it was all clear then they are at fault and you shouldnt have to pay anything. i would threaten getting a lawyer if they don't resolve the problem at no cost.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

So, they found another sucker who doesn't ask questions before spending money.
You may have an out still, send me your number and I'll call you this afternoon.

Old 09-03-2011, 04:35 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
So, they found another sucker who doesn't ask questions before spending money.
You may have an out still, send me your number and I'll call you this afternoon.
Mike, Please post your findings after you call him so the next "sucker" can reference this thread.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

He hasn't sent me his number so I doubt this will go far. Too bad because he does have some legal recourse against the dealer.

Quick Reply: dealer ?