Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definitive answer on Key Fob Reprogramming

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,

Thanks -- this is great information. Your instructions are mostly consistent with mine, but the interesting difference is the '?' character at the end of each code. This is different than the check characters that are present in the barcodes that come with new keys and indicates that the BCU does not need or use the check characters. Very interesting.

I would like a copy of the spreadsheet. I'll send you a message.

Thanks,

Brad

Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new key/fob and replacement shell fob and blank key from BPU. The new key came with the bar codes. I took the transmitter out on the new fob and plugged the 6 alphanumeric into your linked code sheet. Perfect match to the bar codes. Took electronics from our old '00 D2 fob and plugged those in to get codes for programming. Now I just need to find someone in the Chicago area that can cut a steel key and has the equipment to program the new and old fob. Thanks for this info - very helpful.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:17 AM
1st Gear

Hi, would this work on other rovers? I have a couple of spare fobs for the later mems3 pektron system, but have no barcodes for them :/ Thanks

Old 11-04-2013, 07:32 AM
7th Gear

I don't know if they would work or not. It appears that excel is not an option to upload files on this forum. If you want it, PM your email and I'll send it to you.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesJarman
Hi, would this work on other rovers? I have a couple of spare fobs for the later mems3 pektron system, but have no barcodes for them :/ Thanks
Is pektron the maker of the ECU or the BCU?

If the bcu is valeo brand like the discovery 2, I would think there is a good chance it would work.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Drifting
Default Spreadsheet link

Here is the link to the on-line version of the spreadsheet. It calculates bar codes in the forms that are included with new keys as well as the LR technician versions. It has been validated multiple times.

http://goo.gl/br9fS

you can use the spreadsheet in your browser or export a copy to use in excel.

-Brad

Last edited by brad_ramsey; 11-04-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:45 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 276 Likes on 210 Posts

Thank you for the info.

I ordered a spare fob remote from Paul Grant. The Nanocom is on its way from Cyprus. Can't wait to get it programmed.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Drifting

You probably already know this, but for the benefit of other readers the Nanocom does not require barcodes. The six-character identifier on a sticker inside the fob is sufficient.

Originally Posted by acg
Thank you for the info.

I ordered a spare fob remote from Paul Grant. The Nanocom is on its way from Cyprus. Can't wait to get it programmed.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:37 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 276 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by brad_ramsey
You probably already know this, but for the benefit of other readers the Nanocom does not require barcodes. The six-character identifier on a sticker inside the fob is sufficient.
This is even better news! Thanks!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:23 PM
3rd Gear

you can program your remote without the bar code, there is a 6 digit code inside the remote which is part of the original bar code but you can only use this code with an Autologic BCU as far as i know. I had my 03 Discovery 2 used remote reprogrammed with the Autologic BCU.

Last edited by DrWilliam911; 12-08-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Definitive answer on Key Fob Reprogramming