Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 04 CC

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco 04 CC

Ive read where this is a common issue but have some specific questions. My CC light works but the cruise wont set. The fuses are good and the radio controls on the steering wheel are ok too.

It appears that I need to check my vaccum lines. Im not sure if Im looking in the right place. Are they on the passenger side under the hood connected to a small cylinder that says vacuum? My mechanic looked real quick at a series of hoses and noticed a metal protective plate that he said was unique to the 04, recon the older models had issues with the hoses frying.

Someone please help me fix my CC, I use it a lot. Oh yeah the horn isn'tworkingeither.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Disco 04 CC

99% of cruise issues with Rovers is a vacum leak.
Look on the back of the brake pedal, somewhere around the brake light switch will be a vacum line, follow it looking for cracks at all of the connections that it makes.
Any cracks then goop them up with Liquid Tape or replace the vacum line.

Old 10-16-2008, 11:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My CC is slow to set in and seems to forget what speed I wanted it to hold. I am going to search for vacuum leaks and see if that fixes the problem. It is really annoying on hills where it will wait and wait before downshifting several gears and scream back up to the set speed.

[:@],

Pete

Old 10-17-2008, 11:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your horn and cruise control run on the same fuse. If your horns aren't working, check the horn fuse. Replace the horn fuse and then operate the horn. If it sounds warbly, only has high pitch, only has low pitch, then remove your grille and have someone operate the horn while you listen to each one(will be loud). Figure out which one isn't sounding right or not sounding at all. If not sounding at all, swap that horn with the other one to verify power to that horn and once power verified replace the defective horn as it is the cause of the fuse blowing. If warbly, then figure out which one is at fault and replace that horn as it the cause of the fuse blowing. This will resolve your lack of cruise control. Seems wierd, but I have found this to be true as I have dealt with numerous Disco's with this issue and found this to be the cause. Let us know how it goes.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:37 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

WOW, thank you Tacoma, that I did not know. That is weird that the horns and the cruise run on the same circuit.

Now see, if you had just had him call you you could have saved yourself alot of typing and the rest of us wouldnt have learned anything.
Your posts are very helpful, please keep them coming.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, I was surprised when I learned that, too. As far as the calling part, I will leave that to Disco Mike.