Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 No turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 06:11 AM
4wd High
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disco 2 No turn signals

The turn signals stopped working , every other light works, fuses are good but the 10amp fuses I think are for the flashers don't have power with key on.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Mudding

Did you check the relay and indicator stork? Might be either of those. Check the RAVE for the circuit diagram to make sure you are looking at the right relay.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My right turn signal went out a couple months ago. A few turns it had flashed rapidly and then just completely quit. I swapped the left and right relay and the problem followed the relay. A local parts place (Pep Boys, Advance Auto, I forget which one) had a relay in stock for $2-3. Odd that both of yours don’t work. The relay would be a good place to start assuming the bulbs are good.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:04 AM
4wd High

What is odd is no power at the fuses. All bulbs are good.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what about the stalk? do the hazard lights work?

Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM
4wd High

Hazards work normal, what do you mean by the stalk is that the turn signal switch.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

The stalk he refers to is the signal light arm/lever on the left side of the steering column. The contacts in there can become worn, corroded or burnt, and some of the lever functions will not work. I just replaced mine as my taillights were not working. I bought a used one from Shiyco Parts of Myrtle Beach (thanks Wilson) (Shiycoparts@hotmail.com), then pulled the one I had apart and cleaned the contacts, and it now works again, so I have a spare.

Pretty straight forward removal, once it is removed from the column which is pretty easy, and it takes just a little bit of carefully prying to unsnap the housing at the base of the lever to open up the inside where the contacts are. Open it where you can catch any parts that may fall out, as there are one or two that could drop out on you. I found some black contact points that I cleaned with emery cloth, so they shined again. It was good to have two to look at, I ended up taking my new used one apart to see how all the parts went back together to get my original one together again. Now both test good. I will see if I can find the link to the instructions I used, they were pretty good.

Last edited by Rover_Hokie; 06-21-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:34 AM
4wd High

I know what i'm doing Sunday, when i bought the truck from my brother last year he had bought both stalks to have as spares so i will change it at see how it goes, and will clean the contacts on the old one for a spare.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 AM
4wd High

I replaced the stalk and it wasn't the problem, still don't seem to have power at the flasher fuses under the dash all other lights are normal. Looked for disconnected wires grounds anything i could see but couldn't find anything. Back to scratching my head.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

The BCU drives the IDM on the back of the fuse panel, which operates either the LH or RH direction indicator relays. These drive the lights. Lots of connections. Those tiny numbers cross you over to the electrical library connector lists, which have photos of locations. See attached diagram. Don't think there is a conventional "thermal flasher" module.

You should be able to put a ground on pin C0660-6 or C0663-2 at the BCU and simulate the input from the stalk.

Would think if hazards work that problem remains in the stalk or ground for it.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 flashers.pdf (765.3 KB, 629 views)

Quick Reply: Disco 2 No turn signals