Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 throttle body re-assembly

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 112 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Disco 2 throttle body re-assembly

Has anyone had their throttle body powder coated and then needed to reassemble the dang thing. I had it powdercoated and apparently somebody forgot how to reassemble it. If need be I will buy on to dissect so I can put it back but figured somebody might have had this problem before.
Thanks in advance

Old 12-11-2016, 09:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I may have a spare one laying around if need be. Never taken one fully apart myself before however.

Old 12-11-2016, 10:17 PM
Pro Wrench

I think the major pia will be the tension springs between the two white bushings. There is an inner and outer spring. The actual throttle and cruise control are relatively simple...looking that is. I'm sure it might be some trial and error and a few adult beverages and choice words to get it right. Thanks for looking out

Old 12-12-2016, 12:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyjayb
I think the major pia will be the tension springs between the two white bushings. There is an inner and outer spring. The actual throttle and cruise control are relatively simple...looking that is. I'm sure it might be some trial and error and a few adult beverages and choice words to get it right. Thanks for looking out
Let us know how it goes.

Old 12-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Pro Wrench

I'll try to take some photos along the way to document it for others

Old 12-12-2016, 10:26 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

yes those springs are a bitch !.....pay attention when u take it apart, they need to be on and on right or the dam thing wont return to idle....and can over rev / stick open.....personal experience

Old 12-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Pro Wrench

Well when I pick everything up Friday or Saturday from the powder coater, I might need somebody to through me a line or a paddle so I can get out of **** creek

Old 12-12-2016, 11:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

apparently somebody forgot how to reassemble it

I'll try to take some photos along the way to document it for others
Somebody didn't think to photos of the easy part. My identical twin has done that in the past too.

Old 12-13-2016, 12:26 AM
Pro Wrench

On a bright note, at least the damn thing will be clean as new on the inside and look pretty damn good on the outside. I'm ready to get it all back together. Going with a gloss wrinkle black on all the upper stuff, black ceramic on the exhaust and heat shields and gloss black on the pulley's.

Old 12-18-2016, 07:58 PM
Pro Wrench

Got the throttle body back today from my powder coating guy. Got the upper n lower intake yesterday and a few pulleys. Went with a gloss wrinkle on the powder coating and will try to start assembling the throttle body tomorrow and take some pictures as I go. I think it will look good when it's all said and done. Even got the heat shields done to match the exhaust manifolds in black ceramic.

Quick Reply: Disco 2 throttle body re-assembly