Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 won’t start again!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 08:20 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
so you have spark ? And fuel What is it doing ? Does it just crank and crank without any attempt to start ??
Yes redwhitekat, just crank and crank and no start.

Old 06-25-2020, 10:03 PM
Received 393 Likes on 306 Posts

Any good rover mechanics by you ???

Old 06-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 439 Likes on 299 Posts

It could still be any major electrical sensor or bit of wiring. Does not have to be the sensor. Could be in the harness....

Now the strong gas smell: Look for fuel leaks from tank to engine. Maybe the connector popped off back of injector tubing, maybe a leaky injector, maybe a fuel line leak, maybe dumping fuel into cylinders. I think the fuel pump rums for a few seconds when first cranking, then turns off, and system is pressurized. Turns back on when running...

Do you have spark?

Old 06-26-2020, 03:28 PM
Drifting

Hi Xrad. I check and there’s no gas leak anywhere. I will replace camshaft sensor to see if is that one. That’s the only electrical thing I haven’t touch yet. I checked fuse box and every connection and all looks good. I’ll report as soon I replace the camshaft sensor. Thanks to everyone for the help.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:29 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
Any good rover mechanics by you ???
No that I know man. I’m in Orlando, Florida.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:31 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by XRAD
It could still be any major electrical sensor or bit of wiring. Does not have to be the sensor. Could be in the harness....

Now the strong gas smell: Look for fuel leaks from tank to engine. Maybe the connector popped off back of injector tubing, maybe a leaky injector, maybe a fuel line leak, maybe dumping fuel into cylinders. I think the fuel pump rums for a few seconds when first cranking, then turns off, and system is pressurized. Turns back on when running...

Do you have spark?
Yes I have spark. I see in some videos that when you put your key in on your rpm should move right? Mine doesn’t. Don’t know if this help...

Old 06-26-2020, 03:39 PM
Mudding
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by carlosrecio123
Yes I have spark. I see in some videos that when you put your key in on your rpm should move right? Mine doesn’t. Don’t know if this help...
I am not sure thats a definite thing. I am having the same issue right now, and my tachometer needle is sitting dead while I crank. However, when I plugged in the Nanocom (the gauge page that shows real time data) it shows 160 rpm while I crank, then drops to 0 when I stop. But then again I don't know what sensor this is getting it's data from, just another "maybe" to add to the mix.

Rhys Legge

The following users liked this post:
carlosrecio123 (06-26-2020)
Old 06-26-2020, 03:45 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 774 Likes on 510 Posts

RPM being registered doesn't mean you have spark, we know the motor is cranking or turning over and if RPM is being registered that either the CPS or CKPS sensor is working to a certain degree and the ECU should know it's being turned over. Nothing about that confirms there is fuel or spark.

Old 06-26-2020, 05:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by whowa004
RPM being registered doesn't mean you have spark, we know the motor is cranking or turning over and if RPM is being registered that either the CPS or CKPS sensor is working to a certain degree and the ECU should know it's being turned over. Nothing about that confirms there is fuel or spark.
I know that brother. I already check for spark and for fuel pressure. I just throw that over here to see if anybody had any thoughts, I wasn’t relying on that for spark or fuel...

Old 06-26-2020, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,272 Likes on 1,676 Posts

How are you verifying spark? Do you have the online spark plug tool? Or just resting a plug against the exhaust manifold while someone cranks it over?

Quick Reply: Disco 2 won’t start again!!