Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disco door adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:31 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disco door adjustment

Hi, I'm new to this forum and also to land rovers. I bought a K reg 2.5 td a couple of weeks ago. I love it to bits but had a few little problems with it but managed to sort most of them out. I am seeking advice about drivers door which does not shut properly. I have already tried to loosen the single post on the door pillar and re-align it but it doesn't go in far enough. I had considered undoing it altogether in order to file a bigger slot but was worried that the plate might drop down inside the pillar and I might do more damage than good. I notice that the upper hinge has been welded at sometime. Any advice gratefully recieved as I would like to keep this vehicle on the road and without constantly having to wear a winter coat.
regards
del

Old 12-11-2005, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: disco door adjustment

Hi
mangaed to get down to garage where i bought my discovery from. I explained my door problem and he said to try moving post out over as door lock has two positions and may not be catching on 2nd position. Found this to be the problem and adjusted door post with allen key. It fits perfect now. No more drafts! Hope this info may be of use to other members.
regards
delboy