Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Disco farwell fiesta!!! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/disco-farwell-fiesta-75435/)

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 07:20 PM

Disco farwell fiesta!!!

Facts

Land Rover; Discovery; 2003; SE II
87k miles. Been sitting in the drive way because it keeps crapping out. Again, only 87k miles.

Ford F-250 7.3 international diesel. 4 wheel drive AND 2 wheel option. 1997 model.
Almost half of a million miles.
Monthly routine service and that's it. No break downs.
I have pulled hundreds of cattle with it, hay bales, dirt, aggregate, heavy equipment. It has been a work horse and 100% reliable.

As for the disco? Well, I bought it used 4 months ago. It had 83k miles on it at the time. 2 weeks after a bought it, the check engine light started blinking and the engine began to bog down. Actually, the list of problems is longer that it is worth typing here.
I've been reading through a enumerable amount of posts on here and I have come to a conclusion the Land Rover/Range rover product is crap...absolutely CRAP.
So, tomorrow we are going to have a fiesta out on the ranch... beer, tannerite, a POS DISCO, and plenty of guns and ammo. Oh, BBQ as well. Anyone who lives close enough here in south Texas that wants to come, bring yourselves on over. Hurry though-it is not going to take much to blow a heap of aluminum and plastic to hell.

cybercop 09-03-2015 07:35 PM

3 pounds of tannerite, duct taped together

Video please!

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 07:36 PM

Absolutely!!

R0VERGUY 09-03-2015 08:08 PM

I'm in Floresville, Tx and would love to witness this send off if you are close by. :) Do you think I can bring some tools and pick it apart some first, Or maybe I can buy the whole thing off you if you want to let it go cheap. I know the guns, beer, and big booms sounds like a lot of fun but beer and ammo money is also fun :) Either way maybe I can bring my AR out and have some fun with you.

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 08:13 PM

C'mon! Damn it man! You can have all of this Euro crap for free! But, I still want to blow it up. True LR/RR lovers must have an absolute fetish with performing mechanical repairs! Ya'll are a different kind of crazy, for sure!

Redduc 09-03-2015 08:19 PM

If you don't post video of this I'll be crushed. Sorry it was such a dud for you. Our 04 with 87k on it has been totally reliable.

R0VERGUY 09-03-2015 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777 (Post 534421)
C'mon! Damn it man! You can have all of this Euro crap for free! But, I still want to blow it up. True LR/RR lovers must have an absolute fetish with performing mechanical repairs! Ya'll are a different kind of crazy, for sure!

Deal! PM me the where and when and I'll bring a few 100 rounds of .223 and a few cases of beer. I want personal memories of this disco going sky high:D

weepit 09-03-2015 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by R0VERGUY
I know the guns, beer, and big booms sounds like a lot of fun but beer and ammo money is also fun :) Either way maybe I can bring my AR out and have some fun with you.

Makes me think of Uncle Tupelo lyric:

"Liquor and Guns, the sign says quite plain,
Somehow life goes on in a place so insane."

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 08:40 PM

Then afterwards, there are the wild hogs.

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 08:45 PM

Wee... That's some damn good music!