Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Disco farwell fiesta!!! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/disco-farwell-fiesta-75435/)

cappedup 09-03-2015 09:00 PM

Discos seem to require a certain mind set to own. It seems you have a slightly different mind set to that.

Good luck with the the BBQ.

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 09:38 PM

I want tough, reliable, off road vehicles that are not full of gimmicky gadgets of plastic and aluminum. Discos are not this. Discos are weak, frail, unreliable. The mindset that you speak of is one that accepts the weak, the frail, the unreliable. Two things are going to happen within the next 24 hours...I am either going to proceed with my redneck fest OR, I am going to tare that damn disco down and build it back up to where it will not be weak, it will not be frail. If the supposed mindset of a disco owner is one that accepts a lack of quality and a lack of mechanical integrity, then YES SIR-I indeed do not possess that mindset because such things are absolutely unacceptable and to have a mindset that DOES accept such things-well, I'll end this reply lightly by saying that it is unbecoming-to say the very least.

R0VERGUY 09-03-2015 09:44 PM

I think that we all have dreams of blowing our disco's up and moving on with our lives. I just have too much money dumped into mine by this point to do that. If there is ever a time to do it it's before you start rebuilding, because once you start there is no stopping. :) I'm here to try and help if you go that route, and I'll hold the flash light while you light the fuse if you go that direction.

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 10:03 PM

Godbless Texas and us Texans. We are what remains of the American spirit; building it bigger, better, stronger...or, blowing it up when all else fails. I'll give the disco a good old college try before I blow her up. I just have a major issue when it comes to weakness. BBQ, beer, tannerrite, hogs, are still game. BTW- I have some property and its terrain will challenge any rover out there. Bring em out. I have plenty of truck to tow em when they break down.

cappedup 09-03-2015 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777 (Post 534443)
I want tough, reliable, off road vehicles that are not full of gimmicky gadgets of plastic and aluminum. Discos are not this. Discos are weak, frail, unreliable. The mindset that you speak of is one that accepts the weak, the frail, the unreliable. Two things are going to happen within the next 24 hours...I am either going to proceed with my redneck fest OR, I am going to tare that damn disco down and build it back up to where it will not be weak, it will not be frail. If the supposed mindset of a disco owner is one that accepts a lack of quality and a lack of mechanical integrity, then YES SIR-I indeed do not possess that mindset because such things are absolutely unacceptable and to have a mindset that DOES accept such things-well, I'll end this reply lightly by saying that it is unbecoming-to say the very least.

Blow it up then. Just don't make such a song and dance about it.

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-03-2015 10:24 PM

I will do as I will just you will do as you will, hoss. Ya know what to do if you don't like my posts. But please, do not refrain from replying any further because I always welcome opposing opinions to my own. Hell, I gotta give you credit! Your initial opposing comment kicked in some 'can do' in me about my Disco heap and pulled me out of a mind set that is more so for a puss. Here's a cold one for ya!

cappedup 09-03-2015 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777 (Post 534451)
I will do as I will just you will do as you will, hoss. Ya know what to do if you don't like my posts. But please, do not refrain from replying any further because I always welcome opposing opinions to my own. Hell, I gotta give you credit! Your initial opposing comment kicked in some 'can do' in me about my Disco heap and pulled me out of a mind set that is more so for a puss. Here's a cold one for ya!

Pssssht ....... Clink.. ;)

Rebuild that sucker. You liked it enough to buy it, all of 4 months ago. You gonna give up so easy?

Nah..

R0VERGUY 09-03-2015 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777 (Post 534446)
Godbless Texas and us Texans. We are what remains of the American spirit; building it bigger, better, stronger...or, blowing it up when all else fails. I'll give the disco a good old college try before I blow her up. I just have a major issue when it comes to weakness. BBQ, beer, tannerrite, hogs, are still game. BTW- I have some property and its terrain will challenge any rover out there. Bring em out. I have plenty of truck to tow em when they break down.

I'm going to make time to make it out there. I've been looking for a Rover buddy close by. As for the truck, you can fix that sucker for sure if you want to. If the T-Case is the problem then it's really not a big deal. The 2003 discovery is the only year discovery 2 that doesn't have CDL (Center Diff Lock)on it. Everyone with an '03 usually swaps out there T-Case for one with CDL anyway. Being able to lock the CDL is a major off-road advantage in these trucks and really makes a difference in what they can do.
So worse comes to worse you have to buy a used T-Case for $200 and do the upgrade you are going to want anyway.

OffroadFrance 09-04-2015 05:39 PM

It seems like a lot of BS from someone who's gonna quit anyways :D. Those who wanna do it just get on and do it without all the BS, vids or photos. I didn't hear too many sobs from LR coming over the airwaves as they sell more new trucks now than they have ever sold :D. Just blow the LR to f--- who cares anyways. :D

LRDISCONEWBIE777 09-04-2015 06:13 PM

Well got damn frenchy! I had a change of heart, ok? Excuse a fella for chimping out! lol...thanks again for you input yesterday, sir. Much appreciated!