Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disco II ac blower.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default disco II ac blower.

Hello all. I have a 2000 disco II with 265000 miles and she runs like a charm. I like to keep her that way. Bought it knew. I just started to have a issue with the ac and I would guess heat blower. When i turn it on to run sometimes the fan does not wrk. I can tell the compressor is running but no air blowing. Then if i shut it off and turn back on a few times it will run fine. Does anybody have any ideas. Thanks bunch for the help. Maybe i need a knew temp center with the controls. I do not have a clue.

Thanks.
Courtney

Old 10-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

i cant get you there, i don't have the link but there is a video on u tube, that shows you how to check your hvac system threw the temp control.
after you check that if nothing show up, you might want to drop the blower motor (3 or 4 screw) and see if it filled with leaves and other crap that could cause it to over heat.

Old 10-31-2015, 09:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

First, simple check. Check fan speeds. If wide open works, but other speeds do not work indicates bad resistors pack near blower. Wide open bypasses the pack. If no speeds work either bad fan motor or bad fuse box/block(interior). Most likely fuse block. The 6&7 fuses (blower and rear blower (if equipped) fuses) go bad(only those two, rest of fuses good). These two commonly fail internally, between fuse on front and power supply connector on back. Likely a failed, cracked solder. It usually reads 12v, but will fail under load as the crack cannot handle the amperage. A new/used fuse block or an individual fused bypass power supply direct to blower(s). I have a bypass write up with connector pictures in the mod sticky contributions. Note that I also had power supply issues at the engine bay fuse block connector. I ran a bypass direct from fuselink 4(cold side, already switched to ignition). Typically only the passenger fuse block is the problem. Just pull power in wire from rear connector and pull power out to blower wire. Connect the two with a equal sized individual fuse. Should work if blower itself is fine.

Edit for link:https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...-fixed-22524/?

Last edited by PalmettoDisco; 10-31-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Because it's intermittent, it will be a pain to ID.

1) Clean and lube the fan. Make sure the wire connector is snug. How to:

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...llation-55530/

2) Replace any relays that control the fan.

Good luck.