Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II window regulator sticking

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 04:37 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Disco II window regulator sticking

HI Guys
Had the drivers door window clonk and stick so as you all know the silly plastic wheel fractured on the regulator channel. Why oh why --poor design::

Saw the guy on youtube suggest soldering a 10p on the stub on the reg arm and sounded good...So rather than use a British 10p and get arrested for debasing the Queens currency ( we are Land Rover drivers not BMW twits) .. found a 20c Belgium coin of exactly the same dia in Bronze so easy to solder..
Only mod to the original idea I did was to drill a stainless counter sunk 2BA screw through the coin and stud...Brilliant Bronze on steel runs well and works a treat and I got one over the Belgiums He He He

Last edited by Safaridisco; 06-03-2014 at 04:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Safaridisco
HI Guys
Had the drivers door window clonk and stick so as you all know the silly plastic wheel fractured on the regulator channel. Why oh why --poor design::

Saw the guy on youtube suggest soldering a 10p on the stub on the reg arm and sounded good...So rather than use a British 10p and get arrested for debasing the Queens currency ( we are Land Rover drivers not BMW twits) .. found a 20c Belgium coin of exactly the same dia in Bronze so easy to solder..
Only mod to the original idea I did was to drill a stainless counter sunk 2BA screw through the coin and stud...Brilliant Bronze on steel runs well and works a treat and I got one over the Belgiums He He He
Good mod. The original regulators are flimsy rubbish particularly the little plastic wheels and the motor drive racks. Regulators are very cheap to replace but those replacements are equally rubbish too. Fortunately I have a small lathe so I can spin up new wheels easily in alu, bronze or even industrial quality nylon.