Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

disco mike please call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolf
Seems like no one here ever has any real advice to give to someone in need, just one smart *** post after another. The only one who knows anything is Disco Mike, the rest of you have no lives so all you can do is sit on your *** and post useless crap that pertains to nothing. This will be my last before I unsubscribe from LRF.
Sounds like you need to find another forum to read and post on. You've been problematic since you started here. It's OK. Not every place is for everyone.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Seems like no one here ever has any real advice to give to someone in need, just one smart *** post after another. The only one who knows anything is Disco Mike, the rest of you have no lives so all you can do is sit on your *** and post useless crap that pertains to nothing. This will be my last before I unsubscribe from LRF.
Not sure why you feel you are not getting any help. If you have a question send it to me more send me your number and I'll call you.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people have no sense of humor, which I find is almost as important as watching your water temp on these trucks ;-)

Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by photocrimes
Some people have no sense of humor, which I find is almost as important as watching your water temp on these trucks ;-)
Totally agree dude...I am qucikly learning these trucks are an exercise in patience and a good sense of humor really helps. If it wasn't for you guys on the forumn with your advice and jokes, mine would probably have a few wrench dents in it by now. Sooo... keep posting the good advice and please don't stop w/ the "sarcastic remarks" they make for excellent reading!!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Hey Wolf, lighten up, stick around.

Hey Wolf, lighten up, stick around. Pretty much everthing I know (and post here) about DIIs came from DiscoMike and others on this forum (Spike, Tom Rowe (Antichrist), jycsalas, Urban Panzer and many others who's names I know I'm leaving out, but you know who you are). And as you know, DiscoMike learned just about everything you could possible know about LRs by years of hard work at a dealership. So unless DiscoMike (and the others I mentioned) are posting "useless crap", then I and others who post and share the EXACT SAME KNOWLEDGE we learned from them are doing the same...and that is simply NOT the case.

When I found this site in 2008, after almost 6 months of LR ownership and frustrations with the dealer, I thought I had found a gold mine of LR info from maintenance advise to personal stories of what worked and what did not work on our vehicles. Shoot, I even had (and of course still do) access to a former LR Service Manager who called me directly when I had a problems I could not figure out!

Plus the site was FUN (and still is)...sure we joke around, disagree with each other at times and patiently sit through Spike's 53rd posting of his water-crossing video. But I'm sure I can say with confidence that all jokes and funny comments that are made here on the forum are usually made with the intent of trying to make a depressing situation (like a broken vehicle) more bearable and fun.

Hate to see you go and you may not ever post here again, but I'm willing to bet my bottom dollar that you will still lurk here in the forum to gather the collective knowledge we have assembled through the years when the next problem emerges with your Disco.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:42 PM
Three Wheeling

Yeah, Wolf. If you really want to see people who don't care and have nothing but useless crap to contribute, then lake a look at some other of the more well-known forums. I don't really frequent them but there are a couple of really obscene or malicious ones out there.

We newer people need to do our best to continue what others like Spike, Mike, Josh, U.P., Rob, Tom, and everyone else who has been around from the beginning have started. A fun, informative, and encouraging group of people who share this masochistic love of Rovers.

Wolf, give the rest of us a chance. We are learning ourselves and sometimes we need to remember that and treat others with the same respect we were given.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the stupid comments that pertain to nothing are the best part of the forum, its entertaining, its why I log in everyday and keeps everybody around so when you acctually have a question people are there to see it. No one is gonna sit on here and just answer questions for free. I think there aren't enough fun random threads. When I see a question in a thread that has been asked literally hundreds of times I look for the best wise crack I can come up with cause I'm not wasting my time to answer your question when you are too lazy to even look for the answer.

Wolf I've looked for myself you have 2 threads one complaining why you arent getting help, equivalent to you bitching at me in walmart to help you get something off the top shelf, I don't work at walmart. the other was answered quite simply.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:42 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mwindth

Plus the site was FUN (and still is)...sure we joke around, disagree with each other at times and patiently sit through Spike's 53rd posting of his water-crossing video. But I'm sure I can say with confidence that all jokes and funny comments that are made here on the forum are usually made with the intent of trying to make a depressing situation (like a broken vehicle) more bearable and fun.
53? I think you're about 200 off. LOL

Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Drifting

I, for one, appreciate all answers, especially the wise-*** ones! If it's not helping and you don't know the answer, may as well lighten the mood.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
53? I think you're about 200 off. LOL
Hey Cam...LOL, I was wondering if anyone was going to catch that...I was trying to make it come across as a sarcastic dead-pan...LOL