Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco parts on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2019 | 06:21 PM
|
Rock Crawling
Default Disco parts on ebay

So I have noticed that some oem parts are listed on both ebay and amazon for significantly less than AB, or any other Land rover parts supplier. Is there any quality issues with the less expensive parts on these market places?? I think I saw a thread concerning this subject matter, but cant find it. Its all about $50 versus $150.

Old 08-21-2019 | 06:26 PM
Winching

I’ve heard the eBay hubs aren’t too bad

Old 08-21-2019 | 06:38 PM
Camel Trophy

Need to make sure they are genuine parts. LR seems to have less an issue than some other makers, but fake parts probably do exist. There are reliable sources out there though. Also I try to find who made the actual part first, then go for the direct item. Like the MAF sensor in a LR3 is a Denso part. Even says so on the part and in the shop book. So why buy a genuine for $300 when you can get the exact same Denso part for $150.

Old 08-21-2019 | 06:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Check out the v. Reinz headgasket set. Varies from 80 bucks to 300

Old 08-21-2019 | 07:05 PM

It really depends.

I have eBay hubs on my front axle and they have been fine.

Brotpart has let let me down quite a bit, I generally take est4x4’s advice.

for HG kit I would buy Fel-Pro or Mahle as the rocker cover gaskets are molded. The Fel-pro upper intake gasket is not metal like the proline as well.

For most parts I think OEM is okay, Genuine sometimes better, and only use Bosch Engine Sensors.

Old 08-21-2019 | 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I try to find as many parts that cross reference with other vehicles. There is a decent amount of parts on a LR that can be cross referenced. Bosch CPS is certainly the only way to go. I've seen plenty of Delphi MAF's and the D2/P38's they were in were doing fine. You do not need to run Bosch Coil Packs either, as aftermarket units works just fine. When it comes down to specialty parts like interior/exterior parts then yes OEM new/used is the only way to go. Fel-Pro makes excellent products, and whatever they offer for LR's I'd use no questions asked.

The following users liked this post:
CollieRover (08-22-2019)
Old 08-21-2019 | 09:22 PM
|
Rock Crawling

What about, lets say, window motors. And door lock actuators. Complex assemblies and all.

Old 08-21-2019 | 09:38 PM

Speaking of parts check out rock auto
they have very cheap prices and name brand stuff like bosh etc
fast shipping and lots of options
I was really suprised how many parts they have for our discos

The following users liked this post:
CollieRover (08-22-2019)
Old 08-22-2019 | 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by redwhitekat
Speaking of parts check out rock auto
they have very cheap prices and name brand stuff like bosh etc
fast shipping and lots of options
I was really suprised how many parts they have for our discos
For specialty bits and bobs Rovers North’s website is one heck of a resource. Rockauto for belts, plugs etc. is plain awesome. It’s an ugly interface, but the easiest to navigate and they provide lots of options, even for our vehicles, with descriptions.

I have also had a lot of good luck with Autozone having gaskets etc. when needed.

I also really trust NAPA when it comes to rebuilt parts, batteries, etc. they stand behind their warranties and products, have high standards as well. Their Napa Gold Air filters are identical to Genuine from the Dealership.

Old 08-22-2019 | 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tomzsix
What about, lets say, window motors. And door lock actuators. Complex assemblies and all.
Paul Grant, Mike Sides both are good resources for used parts. Any others people use? Roverland Parts is the only other one I know of.

Quick Reply: Disco parts on ebay