Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco window regulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Disco window regulator

So I took the door card off and saw a mangled regulator, the arms were all bent up because the rollers broke. I ordered a new one from AB and am wondering what the process is for the re-install. Does the gear part have to be in a certain position when I reinstall it? It was pretty straight forward taking it out but I couldn't get a visual on how it fit because the arms were so bent up.

I ordered the new rollers from a forum member that is selling them on Shapeway and will do my pass. side window after I do the drivers side. The pass. side still work but isn't horizontal when first opening it so I'm pretty sure the regulator is still good, just have to replace the rollers.

Old 04-03-2015, 06:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 212 Likes on 139 Posts

No, the gears dont have to be in a certain position, just reattach the motor. There are a few write ups with pictures on the site for this procedure. In my case my motor had broke and I didnt know this, the window wouldnt roll all the way up. Get a good set of panel poppers and maybe a couple of the plastic studs for the door card. Be careful with the door card, its made of foam and can crack if you are too rough. Its easily removed with the window all the way down. Also, the black window sweep on the top inside of the card is a little tricky, pull it out evenly or else you will kink it and will look like crap when you reinstall.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep an eye on the window sweep. I ordered new panel plugs from AB but ended up getting the door card off without any breakage issues on the plugs. Regulator will be in tomorrow, right now using the ole' screwdriver to keep it at half mast. I will then tackle the pass door with just putting the new 3D printed rollers on the arms.

Prost.