Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DiscoverMT here with a few basic questions for y'all.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:25 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DiscoverMT here with a few basic questions for y'all.

Fellow Rovers,
As I am sure many of you can relate, I have a love/hate realtionship with my 99' discoII. I purchased the thing from an old lady in vancouver BC last year with only 60K on it and have had nothing but issue after issue with it. So, today I am writing to ask what to do with the following. (keep in mind the nearest mechanic to my location is Spokane, WA, like 3 hrs away)
1. 3 amigos came on, but brakes are have 50% left F&B. I did get er' stuck in deep silt/h2O early last fall, but the amigosjust came on a week ago, only a few months after the dealer put a new fuse block in.(still lookingthru the posts)
2. I broke a lug off the spare tire holder and have a replacement, how in the H do I get that off and the new tire carrier on?(I have checked the service manual online and it reccomended I pay a dealer to do it. )
3. The front drivers side(LF) headlight washer is inoperable, checked the hose, it's not that, what could it be? The other one is working fine.
4. If anyone knows were to find a 6CD changer for cheap, let me know. I ordered one from roverparts.com and it didnt work. Any ideas?
5. My rear seatback on the drivers side(L) will not lock in the upright position. It will flip forward with even the slightest braking of the vehicle. I checked the joints and it seems one might be jammed but any ideas on possible remedy?

I know this is quite a list of things but thank you guys, you are saving me from having to waste and eighty $ tank of gas to Spokane.

Sincerely, discoverMT

Old 02-13-2008, 07:00 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: DiscoverMT here with a few basic questions for y'all.

As far as the three amigo's go, I cant help you. Search the forum.
I did the same thing on the spare tire on my Montero, the lug was rusted right on. I had to drill it out and tap new threads.
Did you check the hole on the headlight washer? Poke a needle in there and see if there is dirt in the hole., otherwise check the washer pump.
CD changer, check E-Bay, or roverparts again.
My Montero's third seat did the same thing, it wouldnt latch once in awhile. Silicon spray on the latch's, problem solved.
Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

You will have to find a shop, not the dealer, and have then read and clear the ABS codes.
So what are you having a problem with on the broken lug, remove it and have a new one welded.
Clean out your washer nozzle with a small needle.
Did you check to make sure it was the right pl;ayer, hope you returned it?

Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys,
Thanks for that I will deftrythe remediesspike. As for the spare tire issue, I have a new spare tire carrier complete with the three lugs. If anyone has any tricks for removing that old one and bolting on the new one. I know it involves taking the rear tailgate inside panel off. I have no idea were to start.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I can help you with the CD changer, keep an eye on roverlandparts.com. Right now there is not one available but sometimes one will pop up. Just check in, they get parts as they come in. Also the usual EBAY works sometimes. But you can do a search for them on google or yahoo and sometimes smaller sites will have them, just depends whats available.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

http://www.carcannibal.com/rover/vehiclesales.asp
Try this for your CD changer.
You can probaly get a new one from Best Buy cheaper than a replacement.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:56 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spike555

http://www.carcannibal.com/rover/vehiclesales.asp
Try this for your CD changer.
You can probaly get a new one from Best Buy cheaper than a replacement.
Unless you have had a good experience with them, never recommend that place to anyone. They have a terrible reputation. They are less than 100 miles from me, and I get my parts from Florida.