Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery #2

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 01:11 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery #2

So after I bought my fist discovery, a 1995... it was a fiasco. that car had so many problems and I ended up selling it, saying i'd never buy Land Rover again... Less than a year later, I missed it and broke down and bought a 96 Disco. What a difference. This one has been maintained all 140,000 miles of its life. Has its cosmetic quirks, but overall a great Disco. All I have are a couple questions:

There is a noise coming from the front of the car... when I drive it and goaround corners, up hills, etc, i will hear a noise that sounds like water swishing. Anyone else have this? Know wht it is?

is there a FUSE for my power seats? The driver works off and on, but the passenger's doesnt work at all. If s o, which fuse is this? Could it be just the seat switch or something more serious?

Thanks, everyone!

<3
Tricia

Old 10-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Discovery #2

If it sounds like it is in your dash, you have air trapped in your coolant system. Need to have it bled and monitor the coolant level. These things don't like to get overheated.

Could be the switch on your seat or it could be the fuse. I think the fuse is under your seat. Someone else with a D2 should chime in..

Old 10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Discovery #2

awesome thanks! like i said i just bought it so i dont know what is and isnt normal for this car but that noise didnt sound right. although it hasnt overheated at all i'm going to go ahead and get that taken care of. thanks again for your help.

still wondering about the drivers seat that works off and on...