Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery 2 for my daughter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OH NO!!! SuperSport is a member of the Jag forum. When I said "I'm kind of a big wig" over there I didn't know a member from that forum would be here and read my arrogant comment! I feel so ashamed now.

Oh well... I'll get over it.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Tom, how much have you driven a DII? Not saying you're wrong, but the suspension is amazingly different than the DI, which I'm sure you know. I just know that I can take corners the same speed in my DII that I can in my S60R.
All I really care to.
I know the suspension is different, but physics is physics.
I take corners in my D1, with 2" suspension and 2" body lift and 7.50R16 tires, a lot faster than most people in cars are willing to. Doesn't mean I think Discoveries are good cars for new drivers.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Daedrix
Now, THAT's a True Disco, in every sense of the word. Pretty cool, and unique.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:11 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by weepit
plus - and i'm once again speaking as a father with a daughter - the thing has a damn big back seat!
rofl!!! For that reason alone, I vote for the VW (Three grown Daughters). My wife has a New Beetle, and I can guarantee you that it's tough getting busy back there. NOT impossible, but tough...

Last edited by SuperSport; 02-10-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 AM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
OH NO!!! SuperSport is a member of the Jag forum. When I said "I'm kind of a big wig" over there I didn't know a member from that forum would be here and read my arrogant comment! I feel so ashamed now.

Oh well... I'll get over it.
Not at ALL. Actually, I looked at your videos, and you've done a great service over there. We hope to get more here when you get a chance.

You are a bigger wig than I am. I just asked my wife, and she confirmed it. I gotta go do dishes now...

Old 02-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by taylor15
Daedrix,
I just went to your pic site. I really like the tire/wheel combo on your truck. How tall are the tires? Is the white disco on it's side your previous truck?

Sorry for the hijack
About 36.5" tall, and yes that was my fist disco as well as my first car i ever owned lol. It held up well in the crash so i bought another.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:31 PM
Pro Wrench

It held up well in the crash so i bought another.
Yeah, it looks like you can just buff that right out.

Your black truck does look very nice. Nice stance. Although, maybe the white one on it's side is lending credence to antichrist's thoughts about them rolling over easily.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperSport
Yeah, it looks like you can just buff that right out.

Your black truck does look very nice. Nice stance. Although, maybe the white one on it's side is lending credence to antichrist's thoughts about them rolling over easily.
Lol, it rolled due to swerving to avoid an idiot who slammed on his brakes during a thunder storm. My whole rear lost traction and i ended up facing traffic. I didn't roll till i hit the guard rail with my rear end. Funny thing is i just paid it off the week prior The black one hs been paid off for a while now so, so far so good

Old 02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

I didn't mean to imply that Land Rovers roll easily, they've always had a low center of gravity compared to many comparably tall vehicles. But the fact is they are taller than a car and will roll more easily that a car, assuming the same track width. Add weight on the roof, like a roof rack, and they are even more top heavy.

Old 02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 36.5" tall
Wow! That is much taller than they look in the pics.