Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 03:49 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default discovery?

totally random questions but i was just wondering about why the "discovery" section had alot more topics than the others.

totally random i know but if there is a reason that u guys think discoverys are the better option plz let me know.

thank you

Old 03-12-2006, 04:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: discovery?

Probably because a lot of Discoverys were sold. And it seems that those who are Disco owners, we tend to do most of our own repairs--the Disco is a hands on vehicle, I am sure all Land Rovers have problems, but most Disco drivers are hardcore, fix it with our own wrenches. So you will see us coming on here more to help with diagnosis of problems--because without the computers and stuff of mechanics, it helps to get the most opinions about what you are hearing/working on. I would say that the other owners mostly take their rigs to garages, or mechanics, and they dont need to come on here to figure out solutions. This section has the most posts because we care about fixing our own vehicles. The best choice in all of Land Rovers? Well, I am biased, so the Discovery! Its got plenty of problems, but to be a Land Rover owner, you dont just want a point A to point B vehicle, you are in love with all of the features of the Land Rover, and are ready to overcome any obstacles that come your way. Its not for the faint of heart, but if you REALLY want a Land Rover, then go with the Discovery. You can still take it to a mechanic, but if you choose to work on your own cars, then this is the easiest of all modern Land Rovers to work on. That is my take on the whole thing!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:52 PM
4th Gear

thanks for the helpful reply

Old 03-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Mudding

A-Men!

I just got my Disco last month. I shopped for a long time for and SUV that suited my needs. I could have picked up a Jeep, Tahoe, Montreo or whatever. The Disco has character and it's the REAL THING. It's not some flashy bloated SUV with chrome wheels and a system in it. It's a truck, an off-road vehicle that wants to climb and tow and go! It's not just a point-A to point-B car. Ya know? Anyway, I've always felt that way about my cars. I've thankfully never driven (in my opinion) a point-A to Point-B car.

Brian

Old 04-01-2006, 03:12 PM
Three Wheeling

I'm a new Disco owner too (bought my '01 SE7 last Saturday) and I'll have to admit that I fit the above descriptions to a 'T' I hadn't really paid an inordinate amount of attention to Land Rovers or Discovery's in the past. I mean, they've been around for quite a long while but about a month ago I came out of Home Depot and there was a green Disco II in the lot with the roof rack and nudge bars and all and the sides were all scratched up like he'd been driving it through a mannzanita grove or something and for some reason it just reached out a grabbed me. I thought - man, that is so cool looking. Well it just so happened that I was then in the market for a vehicle to replace an old '89 S10 Blazer that we have and I just couldn't get that Disco out of my mind. So I started looking around and just then this add appeared for one that was at a local Volkswagen dealership. I went to check it out and I swear this was meant to be. It's a beautiful green SE7, fully loaded with cream leather interior and every option. I drove it and there was no longer any possibility of escape. It doesn't have a roof rack, nudge bars or bush scratches but who knows - maybe someday....