Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery I seat storage access covers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Discovery I seat storage access covers?

Hey All, I have a 1999 Discovery I. The underseat access covers, especially on the passenger side, are continually getting kicked in. Has anyone found a suitable fix?

By the way, I spent yesterday morning repalcing my fuel filter and oil cooler lines (leaks). I had sprayed liquid wrench on the fuel filter connectors a few days in a row and wow, came right off. No telling how long the filter had been on, it was an A/C made in the UK. Replacement found at Kragen, about $12.

The oil lines weren't particularly difficult to replace but the tools to do the job were lacking. The fittings for the lines are pretty large, consquently, the box wrenches needed for the job were long and made working in the engine compartment impossible. Thank goodness for a 5-inch adjustable wrench, got the job done in no time. By sure to have an oil collector pan on the ready. Not a lot of oil leaked out of the engine but a fair amount leaked out of the oil lines themselves.

Next up, a new frontcrank seal and an upper transmission line, also have a leak on the transfer case that is tough to pin down, a small leak on the front, upper side that causes drips to accumulate on the inspection cover bolts. I think that it might be time to buy stock in Simple Green.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: Discovery I seat storage access covers?

The only thing I can think of to keep the covers on the storage from getting kicked in is to stop kicking them. I dont have that problem so I dont know man.
Your t-case leak might be the front seal. And of course it thendrips down everywhere.
If you replace your fuel filter once a year then it is a much easier replacement. Mine was a bugger to get off, I actually had to cut the nut's off the filter and then peel them back, took me almost 6 hours to do a 30 min job. Now I replace it every spring.