Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I expect too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Do I expect too much?

Do I expect too much? I like to shop for good prices along with customer service and decent quality parts. This vendor has been mostly good to me with numerous prior shipments with one of those shipments similar problem to below but not this bad. I was told by a friend if you want customer service you need to pay for it.

Thur Jan 18 - order gaskets via phone to replace lower intake. Parts in stock, great price, free ship! Satisfied customer once again

Wed Jan 24 - I called to check status, no tracking number. They will call me back with status. Disappointed, wish they had called me that my order was delayed

Thur Jan 25 - I called once no answer. Did not leave message

Fri Jan 26 - still no call back. I call and was told system showed on hand but not in stock. Coming in Monday and will ship right away.

Mon Jan 29 - I received email with update that mistake at shipper and offer 10% on future order. Will ship mid-week. I wanted to discuss options so I called 6 times through out the day, no answer. Left message once. After the last attempt in the afternoon immediately after hanging up I called from my work phone (different number). They picked up on first ring. I received further explanation and assured it will arrive Wed.

Tues Jan 30 - I called 2 times and after no answer used my work phone again and immediate answer. i wanted to know what mid-week was. I also asked if they can ship so I receive before the weekend. Yes, agreed. This was after emailing in reply to the previous email update. No response.

Thur Feb 1 - I called with no answer. Immediately called back with work phone and got answer. Was told part still didn’t arrive. Mistake from shipper and will know more Friday and he will call me. Not only disappointed but getting frustrated. Are these guys really screening my calls? Have I done something wrong?

Fri Feb 2 - no return call. I call from work phone to discuss options. Shipper had no update so they will call with update Monday....or will they?

I was always polite on the phone, never made any accusations and generally tried to understand the situation and remain patient. I was talking with two different guys. Of course I’m disappointed as it is going on 3 weeks with the hood up and parked in the garage. Do we need to pay a premium for customer service and if you want low prices we need to put up with this type of service?

Old 02-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Jeez, i would have just asked for a refund and bought the pieces elsewhere.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:39 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Yep, delays SUCK!
But what is the challenge in finding a lower intake gasket set? You can get them from any LR vendor or even a set (Mahle, Fel-Pro, etc) from Rock Auto or any NAPA, Advance, AZ. Just not a lot special about those parts.

This is the most important thing in your post..." Of course I’m disappointed...". It's simple find another parts source.
I know one thing for sure, my money spends EVERYWHERE! Yours will too.
Good Luck.

Old 02-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

via phone
Ordering parts via phone is old school unless there's some cost savings, it's a very hard to find item or you have no web access. People make honest mistakes but also can tell lies via phones and don't call you back as you noticed.

You should consider finding a new vendor unless part number search and computer illiterate or have reasons not to use a CC or DC for payment.

Last edited by number9; 02-04-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I prefer online but these guys typically give me a better deal when I call and mention this forum. I believe they support the site in some way.

Old 02-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

If it was Ebay I could fully understand that, a company full of self serving highhanded morons. Maybe this company you deal with has been recently taken over or having a hard financial time, they possibly have a string of creditors they cannot service. However, over a week is unacceptable and customer service has become non existent so best look elsewhere for your Rover parts.

I have become used to bad or non existent customer service in France, it just doesn't exist due to the over protective employment laws here and sadly to a certain extent this is happening in the UK, whether you are spending €1 or €1,000 the customer is treated as an idiot and always wrong they believe.

What is needed is a big, big recession with lots of unemployment which will then sort out the 'wheat from the chaff' and then the prices will then become more realistic and they will grovel for your business and they will be too pleased to take your $$$$, €€€€ or ££££'s. It would be best to find another reputable vendor who really wants customers and gives some customer service and really wants your money. Good luck.

PS: Future performance can never be measured by past performance, it's a well known fact in financial investments and customer service. Many just don't care, why, because the labor market is far too transient and they can leave today and find another job within 24 hours. Listen to some youth today, some consider that two months in work is a 'long time' no-one gives a damn these days.

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 02-04-2018 at 11:09 PM.