Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have Air suspension or Coil ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I have Air suspension or Coil ?

I know i dont have SLS or ACE, but im curious if my D2 has air suspension in the rear, i know i could answer this by going out and havin a look but its dark right now and i aint got a flashlight that works

Old 07-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Winching

pretty sure i dont have air. theres only springs and shocks back there on mine, no airbags.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Three Wheeling

Everyone I've seen around Tahoe with the air suspension starts to take on that pre-runner look I'm guessing from wear over time. / I would say 99.9% of the Rover crowd in Tahoe replaces them with a shock and spring kit from one of the many on the market. Especially the Range Rover Classic Crowd up here.
I'm all for modern innovation but I'd take roll down windows as an example of just one less thing to break. I think it's funny that my W126 Benz would run forever on its mechanical system but one CPS sensor could cripple my 7.3L Power Stroke if it shorted out.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:50 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

SLS is air suspension. If you know you don't have SLS you know you don't have air suspension. The airbags would be in place of the coil springs in the rear.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by JBEGIN
I know i dont have SLS or ACE, but im curious if my D2 has air suspension in the rear, i know i could answer this by going out and havin a look but its dark right now and i aint got a flashlight that works
Why would you have to ask that question????????????????????????????? I would think you have been on line long enough to know what your own truck has for options.
Get your owners manual out and read it cover to cover 2 or 3 times.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You would have a button on the dash for the SLS (I assume I don't have either) and if you had ACE you would have a double tank instead of a single one for your PAS. Also the ACE has it's own pump between the PAS pump and AC compressor.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Why would you have to ask that question????????????????????????????? I would think you have been on line long enough to know what your own truck has for options.
I know, I know.... i realized that just after posting, and i know i deserve the heat since ive been here over a year. my owners manual i had to buy off ebay, didnt have one when i bought the truck, and i read it a couple x thru.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

So, you have had your flogging for the week, what is next on your list of truck stuff to do?

Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Yeah... I laid on my back under the rover for about 30 min looking at everything before I bought her. I still do it religiously about once a week!

Its an amazing feeling when she's on top..... (The rover that is)

Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Winching

haha, thanks ! well, the 2 things left to do in the 60k service are : Transmission fluid change w/ filter replacement, and PAS fluid change. i get those done and i have done the 60k service. yesterday i replaced that K&N Air filter with a factory one. left the dealer all happy and smilin, this guy was driving a Kia with his Girl Friend or whatever, and he passed me. the girl was checkin out the rover, checkin me out, smilin back and givin me "eyes"... i blushed and was proud that i own this truck and that i dont drive a Kia.
back to truck stuff, i gotta get an oxygen sensor replaced under warranty next week i got an appointment. and that hopefully will solve my 1170 and 0137 codes...

Quick Reply: Do I have Air suspension or Coil ?