Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does am SE7 have vents in the back for the Jump seats

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does am SE7 have vents in the back for the Jump seats

I am looking into an 01 SE which I intend to convert to a 7 seater later on, I have access to all the parts, but I was wondering if the SE7 has vents for the back seats.

Thanks

Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It will only have vents if it is SE7 from the factory.

Have you seen what it takes to upgrade to 7 seats?? Its not an easy task...

Old 02-13-2011, 08:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by msm15
I am looking into an 01 SE which I intend to convert to a 7 seater later on, I have access to all the parts, but I was wondering if the SE7 has vents for the back seats.

Thanks
Yes it does up top. At least the 04's I looked at. Also, why convert? Besides parts you will need to replace the floorboard and all from what I have seen. Can you really trust the seats to be secure and seatbelts to be good? Just seems scary. I would think you would be able to buy a newer SE7 for the price of converting an older one!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Three Wheeling

From what I have been told, it is a straight bolt on procedure, there may be a few parts involved but it is doable.

Also the price I am looking at is very good for an 01 with good mileage and maintenance. I can get the SE7 parts for about $250

Last edited by msm15; 02-13-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:20 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wait... what vents are you talking about??

Old 02-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

From what I have been told, it is a straight bolt on procedure, there may be a few parts involved but it is doable.

Also the price I am looking at is 3k for an 01 with good mileage and maintenance. I can get the SE7 parts for about $250
That seems very cheap, especially considering you need 2 seats, new compartments where they fold away, 2 headrests from the roof, belts and hardware. Also, check about the "bolt in" aspect. I'm not an expert on this, but a friend wanted to do the same when he had twins a couple years back. Since the 2 rear facing infant seats needed to be latched in all the time, he figured adding in the 3rd row would be great, especially with the rear step option. He had to change too much though, and gave up his Disco for an Acadia.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will only have vents if you have rear a/c, which is an extra feature in most of the Disco's. If you don't have them, then you'll need:
A) New headliner, or have to cut holes and install the vents yourself in old headliner
B) Air ducts for vents
C) Rear A/C Unit
D) New trim panel on driver's side to accommodate for the large a/c unit being behind it
E) Install A/C switch in the designated spot on the headliner
F) Run wiring for all of this
G) Purchase A/C Lines that will run from the rear of the vehicle to the front
H) Replace your current a/c lines to buy ones that have the spot to attach the rear a/c lines to
I) Recharge A/C

Hmmm I think I covered everything. I once thought about installing rear a/c in mine. I decided against it for some reason

Old 02-14-2011, 07:13 AM
Three Wheeling

hmm thats a pretty good sum up, if I get the jump seats in, I think I will just put some little fans in the back

Old 02-14-2011, 07:18 AM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Also the price I am looking at is very good for an 01 with good mileage and maintenance. I can get the SE7 parts for about $250
It's definitely not bolt on. When the jump seats are open, they secure into recessed points in the floor board. I understand that the recessed points are not there unless it was a 7 seater from the factory.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Three Wheeling

hmm I guess there is some confusion on this then, I have been searching some threads on this, people have said the frames all came with the option for the jump seats but some were never installed, I spoke to a local junk yard here that also said it is a straight bolt on and have sold the entire kit before....

Quick Reply: Does am SE7 have vents in the back for the Jump seats