Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your Disco have ACE?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 11:42 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does your Disco have ACE?

I didn't know what ACE was when bought my Disco - I wasn't even sure that I wanted a Land Rover before buying the truck. I had test driven many of the various Japanese SUVs (Montero, Trooper, 4 Runner, etc.) as well as the Jeep offerings (Cherokee, Wrangler) - the rest of the American offerings were bunk. The one thing that put me over the top and lead to the purchase of my Disco II SE was the on-road handling. The short wheel base gives it a rough ride, but the first time you take a corner, you'll notice there is absolutely no body roll - it's fantastic. The off-road prowess of the truck is a given, but the on-road manners were certainly a pleasant surprise - I wouldn't buy a Disco without it.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Lamb Chop,
If you feel the truck is rough riding off road, then you must have the original suspension, how many miles on your truck?
You might also find that by airing down your tires, depending on their size and road conditions, you will improve your ride and traction.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Lamb Chop,
If you feel the truck is rough riding off road, then you must have the original suspension, how many miles on your truck?
You might also find that by airing down your tires, depending on their size and road conditions, you will improve your ride and traction.
107,000 miles on the truck.

It's not the off-road ride I was referring too, it's the on-road ride. When the truck hits expansion joints in the road (especially in Wisconsin...), the short wheelbase yields a rougher ride than other SUVs in it's class.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Spike555

How much was it to replace that transducer thingy Panzer?
In US dollars please, you know, the worlds currency.
It was £80, you know the UK ( Land Rover makers) currency [8D], so at todays rate thats about $120 dollars

Was it worth it ? offcourse it was !!!.

Those that shy away from technology by being scared "if" it goes wrong will never experience what modern tech can do for you, improve your vehicles and come to think of it anything else in life. You'll be stuck in a horse and cart while we fly around in time machines!!

The D2 ACE system was a world first, it is a superb system and fixes one of the biggest issues the D1 had, its CRAP on road....Yes offcourse it can go wrong, if it does then once you have had ACE you WILL def fix it!!!